+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please help me to move forward

Please help me to move forward

I'm 17 now and I've a girl friend and she's my best and only friend. I don't know what feelings she has for me, but, I think, she'd be perfect partner for me. We can't talk face to face now, but I can still talk to her on phone and chat with her. I don't know what do. If, she accepts when I propose her, it would be well and good. I fear of loosing her friendship too. I don't know what to do. How shall I learn about the feelings she has for me. You guys are experienced in life and help me, please. I'm sure, that I won't get any support from my parents as she is of different caste. I am depending on you. Please help me.

Are you boyfriend/girlfriend or just friends?

This is the classic situation for most guys where they really fall for a girl, have not asked them out, and wonder if the girl likes them back. But are afraid to ask b/c they don't want to lose the friendship. Well.. let me give you some advice here.

Not ever finding out to "save the friendship" is torturous and will see you waste tons of years "wondering" and "clinging" without knowing - with the likely probabability that she does not feel the same back for you. So now when you finally can't help it anymore and blurt it out b/c yo ufinally have to find out, and find out she doesn't feel the same - you've lost 5, 10, 15 yrs waiting on this girl and passing up on hundreds of other girls who were intersted in you that were just as worthy or special.

So don't do this (yes.. most all of us are that guy i just described with somebody).

There's 2 tacts here - how to make her like you (which will be impossible to tell you how.. ) or just tell her your feelings and find out NOW so that you can get busy being her boyfriend or find out you won't be and can move on and find somebody else. Believe me there are thousands of millions of other special gals out there you will come across since you're only 17!

I recommend telling her your feelings NOW and let her know you see her as more than a friend and ask her out on a date... as in .. make it clear it is a date to explore a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship together.. not "just friends" - because your feelings for her are more than just friends. YOU MUST DO THIS!

As for "well how can i make her like me".. i don't think you're able ot handle that part right now since you're too afraid to lose her friendship (you have to be willing to lose her friendship to take the risk to make her like you and see you more as a bf).

So let's start with asking her out on a date, telling her your feelings, and having a good time with her first. If you can do that. .then maybe we can discuss how to make her like you. If you can't do that, then you won't be able to do the things to make her like you.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by richiro View Post
    Are you boyfriend/girlfriend or just friends?

This is the classic situation for most guys where they really fall for a girl, have not asked them out, and wonder if the girl likes them back. But are afraid to ask b/c they don't want to lose the friendship. Well.. let me give you some advice here.

Not ever finding out to "save the friendship" is torturous and will see you waste tons of years "wondering" and "clinging" without knowing - with the likely probabability that she does not feel the same back for you. So now when you finally can't help it anymore and blurt it out b/c yo ufinally have to find out, and find out she doesn't feel the same - you've lost 5, 10, 15 yrs waiting on this girl and passing up on hundreds of other girls who were intersted in you that were just as worthy or special.

So don't do this (yes.. most all of us are that guy i just described with somebody).

There's 2 tacts here - how to make her like you (which will be impossible to tell you how.. ) or just tell her your feelings and find out NOW so that you can get busy being her boyfriend or find out you won't be and can move on and find somebody else. Believe me there are thousands of millions of other special gals out there you will come across since you're only 17!

I recommend telling her your feelings NOW and let her know you see her as more than a friend and ask her out on a date... as in .. make it clear it is a date to explore a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship together.. not "just friends" - because your feelings for her are more than just friends. YOU MUST DO THIS!

As for "well how can i make her like me".. i don't think you're able ot handle that part right now since you're too afraid to lose her friendship (you have to be willing to lose her friendship to take the risk to make her like you and see you more as a bf).

So let's start with asking her out on a date, telling her your feelings, and having a good time with her first. If you can do that. .then maybe we can discuss how to make her like you. If you can't do that, then you won't be able to do the things to make her like you.

Good luck!

Thank you for your advice. I'll try doing this.