+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She said happy birthday after 6 months of no contact

She said happy birthday after 6 months of no contact

I had a close relationship with a girl I liked. We liked eachother. We weren't exclusive, but we were close. "Good friends" as she put it. To make a long story short, I became needy and clingy and it started to increasingly turn her off. Of course, I didn't realize my behavior until it was too late. She was becoming cold and distant, and pulling the fading-out act. Until I pursued one final time through text and she pretty much dumped me/blew me off, in July. In the breakup text-exchange we had where I was being needy and acting like a beta, she acknowledged how we were "good friends" as she put it, and flatout told me that how I was acting in that moment was just pushing her away more. I mustered the strength not to contact her ever since. She never reached out to me, either. We're still friends on facebook/instagram. (We dont talk, but we can see eachothers pictures/statuses obviously.) Her birthday was in November, and I didn't reach out. My birthday was a few days ago and she messaged me happy birthday, after 6 months of not speaking. I just think it's unnatural for somebody to wish somebody else a happy birthday when they've been on non-speaking terms for several months (and I ignored her birthday.) Of course, there's the possibility she's "just being nice" or being "the bigger person". What's really the point of "being nice" when she pushed me away and we havent even spoken for several months? If she DID think she was being the bigger person by doing it, she knew I really liked her, and she eventually blew me off (Im almost certain it's because I became too needy.) We haven't spoken in several months, and she's going to pop back up on my radar to wish me happy birthday? Almost like saying "Hey. Im still here. Remember me?"

Can anybody relate with this kind of behavior? Is she dipping her toe in the water? Is she trying to keep me hanging on so she doesn't lose me completely?

There's no deeper meaning involved in the birthday message, she was being nice. If you don't think it was nice of her to do, you should probably unfriend her on FB.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

I think she was probably being nice. Say thanks and see how it goes.