+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend talking bad behind my back

Girlfriend talking bad behind my back

I have been with my partner for 8 months now and we have been getting pretty serious. In the beginning of our relationship she told me many lies that it has taken me until now to find out about them. Some of these lies where pretty serious and have made me lose a lot of my trust in her. For this reason I looked through her text messages and I found she and her friend talking about how I had a little dick and even went as far as calling me bye the name "little dicky" whenever they talked about me. I am not on the small side however, actually I'm larger than what is considered average. Also she claims to have never seen anyone else's penis before, I do believe this is the truth. I also found with a different friend that she said I was "horrible at fingering." When I confronted her about this she said all she was doing was trying to act cool in front off her friends and that she didn't mean anything that she said. I'm asking if this seems like a legitimate explanation for her behavior and also as too why some girls do this? Any answer or input is appreciated. Thank you.

Some people tear others down to make themselves feel better about themselves. Is she insecure? I wouldn't think to even discuss a bf's penis or size with my gf's, some things are private, maybe she has no boundaries. I am sure he wouldn't like if you did the same about her.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

what do you want?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

I don't know, OP, that sounds really horrible. I would be so upset if I found out my BF was talking about me like that, it's such personal things to talk about and to put you in a bad light to look cool in front of her friends seems ridiculous and incredibly immature. Her response seems inappropriate, because wouldn't you say GOOD things about your BF to look cooler in front of your friends? I'd tell people my BF had a huge dick and was the GOAT of fingering, even if he wasn't, because women don't think small dicks and bad foreplay are cool, so I don't know why she would say that. If she had respect for you, she would not have said those things. I do talk about sexual stuff with my girlfriends, but I have never made any negative comments about my BF's body or what we do behind closed doors that might be construed as bad or negative, and especially not to make myself "look cooler".

I think you need to talk to her about how those comments made you feel. Ask her if she has any issues or concerns about your relationship or sex life. I've asked my BF on numerous occasions, if he's happy with me and our relationship, if there are things I do (sexually or non-sexually) that he doesn't like, or things he wants me to do more often. I think these "check-in" conversations are important to stay connected to your partner, and to know how they are feeling in the relationship.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

I think she doesn't respect you and is in fact mocking you. She clearly doesn't like you enough to be respectful of you around other people and she seems immature. People that really care for you and are in a serious relationship don't see a need to go around running their mouth like that. I would NEVER do that to my boyfriend. I want him to look good and I want people to know I'm happy....no way would I disrespect him to the level your gf disrespects you.