+ Follow This Topic

Thread: On Friday, over by Monday.

On Friday, over by Monday.

We were dating for 2 months. Everything seemed to be going amazing. We were still in the honeymoon phase! He spent a whole month chasing me until I said yes and then took things slow with me. He didn't even try to have sex with me until after the first month. He seemed really respectful and SO into me! He was so sweet and it was just lovey dovey all the time between us...even in front of our friends it was totally fine. He went the extra mile to make me happy and to win me over. It took me a little longer to get the hang of things but as of 2 weeks ago I started reciprocating and being just as amazing to him. (at least he told me I was...every day!) Anyways....Friday everything was normal (text me in the morning, while I was at work and at night...calling my beautiful and talking about he can't wait to see me and so on...) we had a great night and the next morning we went for breakfast, had a nice day of errands and chilled together all day. Come saturday night (when I went to work) and sunday....he hardly wanted anything to do with me. I finally asked him monday what was up with him and he says: "I feel like you are an amazing person but I don't think we communicate the way I'd hoped and I don't feel like I have been able to be myself. I don't think we can continue this relationship any further"

How do you go from being all wrapped around someone one day to dropping them the next? I swear it was like a light switch and so much out of the blue that I am still in disbelief. Everyone who knows us is just as shocked. Now he wont give me an explanation for it other than we "just didn't communicate" the way he wanted and that he felt like he couldn't be himself. What exactly could I have missed?? I never forced him to be any way....I didn't criticize him and he never showed any signs of something being wrong...we never even came close to an argument. I felt things were going amazing and HE is the one who chose to be the way he was....what did I miss and why wont he explain himself?

Why try so hard for someone, hang out with this person almost EVERY day and be super extra...then just all of a sudden be "over it" ? Is it wrong of me to want an answer out of him??

I already texted him yesterday to ask for an explanation and he didn't respond. Is it too clingy to call? I feel like I at least deserve some answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunkiss View Post
    We were dating for 2 months. Everything seemed to be going amazing. We were still in the honeymoon phase! He spent a whole month chasing me until I said yes and then took things slow with me. He didn't even try to have sex with me until after the first month. He seemed really respectful and SO into me! He was so sweet and it was just lovey dovey all the time between us...even in front of our friends it was totally fine. He went the extra mile to make me happy and to win me over. It took me a little longer to get the hang of things but as of 2 weeks ago I started reciprocating and being just as amazing to him. (at least he told me I was...every day!) Anyways....Friday everything was normal (text me in the morning, while I was at work and at night...calling my beautiful and talking about he can't wait to see me and so on...) we had a great night and the next morning we went for breakfast, had a nice day of errands and chilled together all day. Come saturday night (when I went to work) and sunday....he hardly wanted anything to do with me. I finally asked him monday what was up with him and he says: "I feel like you are an amazing person but I don't think we communicate the way I'd hoped and I don't feel like I have been able to be myself. I don't think we can continue this relationship any further"

How do you go from being all wrapped around someone one day to dropping them the next? I swear it was like a light switch and so much out of the blue that I am still in disbelief. Everyone who knows us is just as shocked. Now he wont give me an explanation for it other than we "just didn't communicate" the way he wanted and that he felt like he couldn't be himself. What exactly could I have missed?? I never forced him to be any way....I didn't criticize him and he never showed any signs of something being wrong...we never even came close to an argument. I felt things were going amazing and HE is the one who chose to be the way he was....what did I miss and why wont he explain himself?

Why try so hard for someone, hang out with this person almost EVERY day and be super extra...then just all of a sudden be "over it" ? Is it wrong of me to want an answer out of him??

I already texted him yesterday to ask for an explanation and he didn't respond. Is it too clingy to call? I feel like I at least deserve some answers.

Very interesting situation but very common.

I think its really important to remember that no matter how thin you slice it, there are always two sides to the story. I know you're seeking some clarity on the situation (and you do deserve it), but it sounds like its too fresh in the situation that he will want to communicate it with you. The more you push it, the more he will back away. So as hard as it is, find a way to detach yourself from it. This is a wonderful teaching for you and in time, it will all make sense.

above is true
    however i think you should deserve a real reason

and in the meantime: be glad its over. If he cant communicate what he wants or just uses you or has a bipolar thing going or whatever
    its really strange

also you have information missing. i wonder what he would have wrote here.
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.