+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Distant and disrespectful girfriend

Distant and disrespectful girfriend

My girlfriend has been going through an emotional rollercoaster for the pas 2 months. She would at times be very warm and loving, and following week be quiet and cold, not answering the phone and not replying my messages. Last month, she disappeared for an entire week; her explanation was that she was stressed. During those times, if I do get to talk to her, it's as if it's a drag, or that I'm disturbing her.... A few days go by and she's back to normal.

This week, she met a TV star during work. She took a bunch of photos with him (where they were hugging) and then immediately posted them on Facebook with comments like "My husband", “I want him” and “i wish he would call me”. Now, I know that people express desire for others but this was ridiculous.... She just went on and on. On this particular thread, she made about 50 similar comments, most of which were semi sexual in nature and some were even very graphic. We often comment about who we find attractive but this was an over the top public display of sexual arousal with little concern for my feelings.

To be honest, any woman would have her boyfriend's head on a plater if he would do something like this. When I called her out on it, she didn’t seem to care, got pissed off and just hung the phone on me. I'm furious.

To put things in perspective, it's important to note that she's been giving me the hot-cold treatment for the past 2 months. We have been planning to move in together and even to marry but this particular incident has really put me off.

Let's be clear here: it's not the fact that she showed attraction to someone else, but rather the over the top public display, as if done specifically to hurt me. And the fact that she hung up the phone doesn't help. I’m at a loss here and am feeling a mix of confusion and anger. The display is so exaggerated that I'm thinking she's trying to make me break up over it, which I'm about to do. The past 2 months have been too much of a rollercoaster ride and am done. Thoughts? Do you consider this to be disrespectful?
    Last edited by Stefan13; 28-02-17 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan13 View Post
    Do you consider this to be disrespectful?
    noooo ofc not. she completely ignores you for weeks at the time and then posts on facebook how shed like to suck another mans dick?
    no thats not disrepectful

i dont even see why you post here?
    What do you want to hear?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

maybe if things were going 100% good you could laugh about it.
    but in this situation she dont care about youre feelings at all.