+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Very confused, need help

Very confused, need help

Hi, I have been with a man for 2 years, we are engaged to be married in 2018, he has loved with his ex wife and 17 yr old daughter the entire relationship. However, the daughter conrinues to cause problems like always wanting both of her parents together for holidays and her birthday, she will not have 2 separate birthdays, and last year my fiancé said this is the last year we all celenrate together because it was her 16th, and the ex and daughter agreed. Now her bday is coming up again and ahe wants everyone there. Granted ahe invites me but I am very uncomfortable around the ex due to her infidelity x2 and her parenting of his daughter. Now he is saying that I am the one not ready for his situation when I've been dealing with it for 2 years. And now he's saying we should delay our relationship not our engagement but the whole relationship, not to mention he is supposed to move in with me on June 3rd. Please help me, I love him but is it even worth it anymore?

Welcome to Love Forum - Online Relationship Discussion. Enjoy your stay here...
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

So you feel confused and not sure if you should continue with your BF?
    Do you feel like his dauther is more important to him, thats why he was celebrating together with his ex? Do you feel like he still loves his ex?
    Do you think he should put you and how you feel about things first before he does something like for example celebrate his dauthers birthday with ex?
    And if hes not putting you first you doubt if relationdhip is worth it?
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

well.. the truth is your fiancee is a package deal. you must assume that you will have to share him with the ex- and his daughter (especially his daughter).
    if you can not handle this, then leave. (share the ex- in that they both must still parent the daughter).

How selfish can you be really. I see why he doesnt want you around...

so there is this man who loves his daughter but has a new girlfriend.
    The daugther invites the new girlfriend to her birthdayparty, but she doesnt wanna come.
    And then she makes a fuss about it because the dad wants to go there?

IF you have your insecurity problems that is fine - but please dont load them onto other people like your fiance who has to suffer because of them.
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.