+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is she keen? What to do now?

Quote Originally Posted by Fruit View Post
    So she thinks I come across as wanting a relationship, whereas she says she's 'only looking to have fun'.
    thats why i think this way
    i dont think it leaves any big interpretation to be honest.

I if you think im correct @op then I think if you wanted to try you could be outright sexual and get her on a fun time at her place.
    but im pretty sure you backpaddeled with your messages, so im not sure if that option is still in the running.
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

Yep well, seems like I can't win whatever I do.

Quote Originally Posted by CleanCut View Post
    Wow, the word keen is still used in your country, huh? That word went out with the 1950s here in the US, lol.
    I know, man. Why do we always have to stop using such groovy words? I mean, I think keen is the bee's knees. The cat's pajamas. Dagnabbit, I wish we still used that word. Consarnit!

Anyway, Fruit, sorry to hear what happened. I guess the only good thing you can say is at least you found this out sooner rather than later. Now you know she isn't worth wasting your time. Believe me, I of all people know how it can feel hopeless sometimes.... but there IS somebody out there for you if you want them. Now you know it isn't her, so now you can move on and find somebody else. I know it can seem hard sometimes, almost too hard to be worth it..... but it IS worth it. You won't find somebody if you don't try. Unfortunately, that is the dating life sometimes. You have to go through a lot of the wrong ones in order to find the right one.

Good luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Fruit View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts. Honestly though, the world we live in in 2017 is one where you find out a person isn't interested by the fact they don't open your message. It's just unbelievable, it's like she came along just to get my hopes up, to disappear again. I'd rather have not met her at all. Last time I went on a few dates I told myself I wouldn't get my hopes up, because it only ever leads to disappointment.
    I know what you mean man, apparently in this modern world common courtesy is non-existent and a guy that actually wants a relationship with a girl is seen as some kind of weirdo. I have been trying really hard for the last 3 years to find a decent girl and I'm starting to think that they simply don't exist anymore, sad
    Life is shorter than you think, so never hold anything back!

Hi - I hear what you're saying and I know how hard it can be when you're in the dating game - but the more frustrated, annoyed and cynical you become about everything, the lesser your chances of bringing in someone into your life.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123