+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She's single, now what?

She's single, now what?

So this girl whom i used to date previously dumped me for another guy almost two years ago. They were seemed to be a good couple but she was dumped by him about a month ago. Since then we've been talking a lot over the phone.

The problem is i dont have the balls to ask her out due to our history. How can i get her to go out with me? She still likes the guy and misses him, but it isn't mutual. How can i show her that she can do better then him? Also, how should i tell her that i still love her?

Ahhhh the friend zone. I don't want to be a dick about it at all (we have all been there) but this is the moment you find out where you stand. I assume you have been amazing friends and truth is they make the best relationships but there is a fine line.

Me being me, I always had to know so I always found out if I she thought more of me than just friends. My advice is do it especially if you are already having those feelings. Talking to her or seeing her is only going to make those feelings stronger in you.

Good luck just say how you feel about her

if you are sure you are not being used either as a rebound or as en emotional dumbster (or if you dont care if either of that is true)
    then why dont you go ahead and just ask her to come over to your place to "cook something nice" or just netflix and chill
    or to "chat about everyting"

you should not tell her that you still love her.
    You dont. You dont even know the girl. She has changed in that 20 years.
    and even if you knew the person and really loved her and not her memory (what i sincerely doubt is true) then you should still look for how she feels first. Reality check first.
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

Lol Hooo! its been 2 years, not 20. We've stayed in minimal contact during that time, but still followed each on social media, etc, so i know how i feel.

still talking about it doesnt seem like a good idea.
    some things cannot be said
    some things must be shown.
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.