+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cell phones

lilwing89 Guest

cell phones

how come cell phones have become a necessity of the modern female? its rather annoying to me.

No Idea why?!?!

I use my cellphone for emergency's and to call if I'm going to be late, etc. etc.
    Maybe even a random txt here and there. I'm not really into the whole cellphone movie/mp3/camera thing... I'd never use the stuff anyway...

Though I've seen some guys & girls that are attached to their phone and I rarely see it away from there head. I think they'll have brain damage in the future. lol!

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Are you joking? For people who love to talk (aka many females), the shit is cheap as hell. If you're on the same provider you can talk to anyone for FREE. Me and my gf are across the country, but we both have T-Mobile and can therefore talk for hours whenever we want and never get it added to our minutes. Plus they are awesome for emergencies and shit. Cell phones are probably one of the greatest technological inventions in history.

Now... asshats who never take the things away from the ears and jabber constantly about nothing in public places and have no consideration for others... they suck. And its not just females.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

never had one of my own , but im thinking of getting one . The main reason why i would buy one is because i travel alot so when ppl call home , im usually not there . I have many friends that call me to go out , 80 % of the time i miss their calls and end up doing nothing . Also , i cancel work usually once per week or two weeks . Most times its because of decisions made on the spot , so i get caught up into more important things and i forget to call ...that can get me fired . Also , like the other day . some truck blew up on the highway , so everybody was stuck in a 14 hour traffic jam , there was toxic gaz in the highway , it was all closed... so i would need it for emergency...

also , when you go out and your supposed to meet your friends somewhere , well how can they reach you if they cant make it anymore... thats another reason ...

not to mention my GF and i have different scheduals . so its hard to see each other . + her family cant find out about us (means i cant call her up) , so she'll have to get one too .

im never home (dorm) so if anyone wants to call me or if i want to reach anyone who isnt in their dorm then a cell phone is necessary.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My cell phone number is the only number I give out.....to anyone....other then work that is....

Its nice to have one .....and the plan is reasonable..... I have nationwide long distance...... So if I travel I can make calls without dreading a huge bill....

Im hardly home either...and its a good way to get a hold of me...

I'd feel lost without one........and gotta love them ringtones.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    because they love to b*tch/gossip/rave/rant/and basically just talk about nonsense 24 7.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I swear it's almost like an extension of my body now, I don't know what I'd do without it. I mean, I couldn't just call up anyone whenever the need hit me? I'd have to go find a pay phone to call a cab, or get my bf to pick me up, or see why a friend is late meeting me? Or if I'm out late and there's a weird guy following me or I have an emergency? A pay phone? No, screw that.

But then, I only have a cell and not a home phone, because I'm not home enough to justify having one.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Tone Guest
    Yeah same, we don't have a 'regular' phone here, just 3 cell phones.

lilwing89 Guest
    wow that is mother****ing crazy...i dont even have a phone, i have an office fax machine, that gets free local calls, but no other calls(unless you have a calling card)

i just have a normal home phone ... i feel so 1950 ... i feel like i need a cell phone ...i miss way to many calls and other things ...

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I should add that cell phones are not a 'female' thing. My bf is on his so much he really should just save himself the trouble and have it surgically attached to his face. I get jealous of the damn thing.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

It's not a "female" thing - I hate my cell phone, and only have one at all for medical emergencies. Otherwise, I'd throw it away. I like being unreachable.

lilwing89 Guest
    shh seems more down to earth than others.

nah, she's just a hermit.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast