+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Heartache

Heartache

I fell for a guy at a walking group a few years ago. There was a mutual attraction but people in the walking group did everything they could to make sure we did not date. At the time I thought these people were friends and were trying to protect me. It turns out some of the men lied as they wanted to date me and some of the women lied as they wanted to date him.

Over the years I have seen him but many times I have struggled to make eye contact or speak to him as though he isn't there as I never knew what was true. I was only temporarily not speaking to him at the time as I needed to gather my thoughts but then it got harder for me to make the first move and speak to him.

I know he still likes me and he would love to date me. Some of his friends who I know and are not part of the trouble making walking group have told me this and I know as he recently has tried to speak to me and said hello and asked how I was and I said hi but then he had to go to a birthday party.

I just feel so much heartache as I know we would make such a great couple but I don't even know how or what to say to him.

well I feel like if 2 people want to be together badly enough....they will. I was with someone for 2 years and NO ONE was supportive of it (for great legit reasons) not saying that is the case here but if you feel you like him and have a hunch he feels the same....act on it. Just start it slow. Don't be afraid to have a normal conversation and just see where it takes you. You will never know if you never speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel29 View Post
    I don't even know how or what to say to him.
    Hi. Steve told me youd love to date me.
    And i just wanted to let you know i happen to be free on friday for a coffee at x?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.