+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How soon is too soon for the magic "I love you"?

How soon is too soon for the magic "I love you"?

Hi all,

I just wanted to hear your experiences and opinions on how soon it is ok to say "I love you" for the first time.

How soon is too soon? Or how much of waiting is too long?..

I know it is impossible to set some sort of standards, but might it be a red flag if a man says it after just 2 weeks?

Think its perfect time to say it when you feel it. Even if partner is not ready for it. 2 weeks is pretty soon but if you been close then it could happen so fast. Everyone have their understanding of love. Some people call things like infatuation or symphaty, liking a love. Skorpions for example love the hardest but other can fall in love slightly like me - Im aquarius. But yeah love can start pretty soon and just grow stronger over time.

If guy says he loves you just after two weeks then it could be true but it wont be love at its full strength yet. Or it will be more like liking or infatuation. Anyway some guys say it just to screw females mind. Look more at actions not words. What he is doing to be with you and what he is ready to do for you.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

as soon as you know you wont get into truble for it
    and as soon as you realize you are indeed in love (both)

and definitely after youve had sex - not before

and even then i dont really think it fits
    the more fitting term would be: "i have a crush on you"

for me love takes time to develop. But I think thats a little hard on the semantics there.
    Last edited by Hooo!; 13-03-17 at 04:51 PM.
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.