+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do i apply “no contact rule”? Do we still have chance for reconciliation?

How do i apply “no contact rule”? Do we still have chance for reconciliation?

Hello~ I'm from Hong Kong
    I broke up with my ex 6 weeks ago, my problem is.....We work at a same company/office!
    She already has a new boyfriend now, which is her friend before, they knew each others long time ago (6 years) since studying at college in LA. The boy chased her before (6 years ago), but my ex rejected him at that time. After that, they became a friend. She always said that herself and this boy will never been a couple, because their value and personality won't match. (oh ya....)

The boy worked in LA after graduated and quit his job at the end of 2016. After a 1.5 year haven’t see each other (but still keep contact as a best-friend), the boy back in HK and they hang out frequently in Jan 2017.
    At the end of January, she said she has some “special feeling” towards this boy, but she did not sure either that's the "feeling of best friendship" or the "feeling of true love".

After a week, my ex wants to break up with me.
    We seldom have "Big Fight", and she admit that I treated her so great and she still relies on me sometimes, but she still wants to break up with me.

She is an impatient person, always make rush decisions by "feeling and emotion".
    so everyone can guess what happened next, they been together at the beginning of Feb (before Valentine day).

———————————————
    My ex is 24 yrs old, and I am 8 years older than her.
    She is a cute girl with integrity, but also a emotional, impatience & immature girl, forthrightness and headstrong, and always has negative thought and confused mind, like a little girl~ (but i still love her)

We are colleague, but we seldom work together, because we are in different department, and handling different kind of job, but we can still see each others everyday (Mon to Fri) since our office is not large.

I never contact her proactively, but she always called me by internal phone in office (or sometime send text message), She still trying to remain friend with me, and keep chat with me like a "close friend", sometimes normal chat, sometimes she ask for comment/opinion about her job or life, or sometimes ask me for help. Sometimes she ask me to go out for lunch with her.

She keeping contact me on working days/working hour, but never contact me at the weekend (she hang out with his new boyfriend at the weekend).

How do i apply “no contact rule”to her? do we still have chance for reconciliation?

I can’t avoid to pick up the phone call in office, I can't let the phone keeps ringing and not answer~
    She is a headstrong person, If she feel that I go cold and obviously ignoring her, she will mad at me, she will never talk to me again in the future and leave me forever.

is there a special reason for her or for you not wanting to contact each other anymore?
    what is this "no contact rule" you are talking about?

do you even want to still be with her?

if so then go do something about it?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

Just talk to her openly. Tell her that you are hurt by your break up and that it hurts you to know that she is with someone else now. And ask her nicely to give you space and time, because you need to make your peace with all of this. And ask her to not call you or not contact you at all. Tell her that maybe in the future some day you can be friends again, but not now, because it is just too difficult for you to be her friend right now. Be honest and open about your feelings.