+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it love or not, does he want this or not

Is it love or not, does he want this or not

Not sure where to begin.

So I have been with my partner for two years next month.

My partner lives at the pub.
    I'm not a person to tell someone what to do but when the pub is coming more of a priority then , I said I'm happy for u two for go two days a week that's fair I think, it's not just being drinking at the pub it's the getting on well with chicks mucking around etc there then coming home to me and sitting in silence or that fun guy I see disappears when we walk in the door, i start to think am I too boring as u would. We don't do anything as a couple no dinners no movies no nothing. Never no money all goes to alcohol it's taking its toll on me BIG time.

The next issue is communication communication is the key to a relationship well I thought it was .

As living together u should be able to talk about finances bills etc, I feel I don't get this luxury as we start talking serious and it either ends up in a fight . It's like having a adult conversations doesn't happen in our relationship, I feel I'm with a kid. He tells me he loves me this and that but the actions are so different . Everything also feels tic for toe.

He's in his late thirty's and I'm in early thirty's..... another excuse he uses he drinks cause he feel all comfortable talking I don't buy that. What after nearly two years together.

There's so much to say. I just need some advice with the main things I've said ATM. Hope it all makes sense

I do love him but I wish we can have a normal relationship. I suppose what is normal these days.

To me it sounds as if he is an alcoholic.
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.