+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to make a relationship work with little time

How to make a relationship work with little time

Hello everyone,
    My name is Jed. I'm a junior at a prestigious university in the United States. Growing up, I was very focused on my academics. It was not until the beginning of my 9th grade year when I started making true friends. After I realized how much I loved to socialize, I regretted not doing so earlier (I was the awkward quiet kid who always carried a bag of books around). I quickly developed relationships with everyone, became the student council president, and team captain of my schools sports team. Then came graduation.
    I never found someone of the opposite sex that I truly always wanted to be around until the week before my graduation. At my graduation rehearsal I met a gal who I really enjoyed talking with. We shared similar interests and career goals, but after graduation we lost all contact. It was short and sweet, but over.

The story begins here:
    Three years have passed. I was never interested in anyone else over the last three years until I met this young woman a month ago. When I'm with her I never want our time together to end. I know her general likes and dislikes, but I don't know her life story or deepest desires (since it's only been a month). I try to "accidentally" find her a couple of times a week, but don't want to be viewed as a creep. The problem this time is correlative to my last; she's graduating in 1.5 months and moving out of state. I want to pursue the relationship but haven't told her I am interested yet. We've only talked five full conversations. What should I do? Should I outright tell her? Her birthday is around the corner so I got her a nice gift, but is that enough to show her my intentions? She's not the most outspoken person and I don't know how she feels.

Let me know what I should do because I'm truly clueless right now. Ah, the fragile state of relationships.

First of all its not too soon to know her life story. Then you should just be normaly dating not accidently finding her. I dont suggest telling her you want a relationship(It could scare her in case shes not desperate or dont feel yet the same way you do). Better just do stuff together and then you naturally become a couple.
    Also try dont spend a lot of money on gift since you are not that serious yet. Best of all make gift with your own hands if you want something special.
    I dont have much time too but when I can I call, yrx, in breaks, moornings, nights and meet when possible.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 02-04-17 at 10:40 PM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

maybe you should try taking her out to the show or maybe even the movies so that you both can get to know each other a little better and most of all so that you can be sure that she is the queen that you are looking for. if she is leaving town in a few months then you are going to have to open up a little more get a little romantic and silly at the same time and if it is meant it will fall in place wish you the best
    No More Worries

i dont get why people want to "make it official" when they didnt even have sex?

why dont you take the time to get to know her first? find out what she likes? go for a walk or something? enjoy your time together.
    physically escalate...
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.