+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did you ever break up because of a stupid reason and someone refused to talk it out?

Did you ever break up because of a stupid reason and someone refused to talk it out?

What did you do to help yourself move on?
    My bf of 4 months and I broke up over miscommunication via texting and now refuses to speak to me. He basically broke up through text. I'm really sad because everything else about us is good.. just sometimes he gets jealous about silly things and it turned into a big fight through texting yesterday. I tried calling him but he won't answer. He won't even hear me out.. whatever I say he just shoots down.. he's mad because a guy I have to work with gave me a hug and a peck on the cheek in front of my boyfriend.. but this guy does this with everyone. I won't even be working with this guy past Friday anymore.. that will be my last day working with him and I'll never see him again... and he kissed and hugged other people too not just me.. I told my bf that's how he is and it means nothing but he doesn't care and doesn't want to talk to me. I'm just sad and don't really know how to feel right now. It just sucks that things ended because of this cus I really liked him. I tried telling him over and over that it means nothing I don't even like him and he doesn't like me.. this is just how he is.. he's a very bubbly personality and hugs and kisses everyone. But then he got even angrier asking me why I'm being so defensive.. I tried explaining that I wasn't defensive I was just explaining this guy's behavior and that he meant no disrespect. This just made him even angrier. Anyway the reason doesn't matter.. but it was just stupid.. everything else seemed good about us.. the attraction and chemistry, the way we both think when it comes to dating.. it seemed like we agreed about most things..

Has anyone ever gone through a break up like this, where it ended over something silly or miscommunication? How did you handle it and what do you do to help yourself move on?

Hon, this wasn't a silly thing to end a relationship over. Your ex-boyfriend's behaviour was unacceptable and continues to be so. The fact that you no longer will be working with this guy is beside the point really - because he's not the last guy who's going to greet you with a hug and a peck.

Frankly, I think this breakup was a blessing in disguise. Yes, there may well have been a lot of good things, but this early on in a relationship people are all on their best behaviour. Any half decent relationship looks great this early. Then, after a few months, our regular behaviour starts to seep through and you see the real person. Besides the jealousy, poor communication and sulking, I wonder what else is lurking behind his facade?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Thanks and I guess you're right.. maybe it's just fresh for me and I still can't see the truth.. It just really hurts when things like this happen..... it's very confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Hon, this wasn't a silly thing to end a relationship over. Your ex-boyfriend's behaviour was unacceptable and continues to be so. The fact that you no longer will be working with this guy is beside the point really - because he's not the last guy who's going to greet you with a hug and a peck.

Frankly, I think this breakup was a blessing in disguise. Yes, there may well have been a lot of good things, but this early on in a relationship people are all on their best behaviour. Any half decent relationship looks great this early. Then, after a few months, our regular behaviour starts to seep through and you see the real person. Besides the jealousy, poor communication and sulking, I wonder what else is lurking behind his facade?

Yes this happened when some wana leave you but dnt have any reason so they just make stupid reason to break up with you. i would like to suggest just move on,,, as he did.
    http://www.californialoveconsultant.com