+ Follow This Topic

Thread: advice for a nice guy...

advice for a nice guy...

Hey everyone

First post on here was hoping for some advice regarding a break up. I was dating a girl for 4-5 months and things were going great. hung out all the time and really enjoyed each others company. her visa for my country ends in august and we were both talking about moving away to give 'us' a chance. She was telling me she told her parents back home about me etc. Anyway she went on holiday and when she came back she said she was going to try get a job in another country (south korea) and didnt want me to go with her! said it was too big of a decision to make so soon. She said she wants to keep seeing me and hang out but i don't think or know if i can as im already emotionally involved. I even bought her flowers for when she got back from holiday i miss her and just need some advice please! we never argued and it really felt like something special

thanks

Take it for what it was.... a fling that has now ended.

There are tons of women where you live that you would be able to actually nurture a solid relationship with... someone that won't be moving from place to place on a "working visa." Find one of them and chalk this up to the fun at the time that it was. In time and how constructively you use your time will get you over this quicker then just focusing on how much you miss her.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Do you think she hooked up when away? Or the idea of committing scared her?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

i dont think she hooked up while away because she was willing to keep 'seeing' each other untill she left although we both thought this was a bad idea. it was a girls holiday so im guessing she talked about it with her friends???

if it was just a fling why would she tell her parents, introduce me to her friends etc? if it was just a fling she coulda made it clear at the start?

im just confused as to what to do... leave it and move on or get bck in touch and enjoy the last few months together?

[

if it was just a fling why would she tell her parents,
    Well, she didn't actually "tell" her parents according to your post she just told you she was going to tell her parents about you.
    introduce me to her friends etc?
    Because a fling is just that... something short lived but it doesn't necessarily mean that she would keep you a secret. It just had a shelf life.
    if it was just a fling she coulda made it clear at the start?
    Because she is inconsiderate? Or: She didn't realize at the time that she would be leaving for another country?

I dunno... it's all speculation anyway since we haven't talked to her.

As for what you do now? Follow your gut.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

do what your heart desires