+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Will He Ever Tell Me The Truth?

Will He Ever Tell Me The Truth?

After an amazing year and half, my boyfriend and I had a blow up which resulted in him backing off (which was a build up of a few tiffs we had). He practically lives with me and a lot of his stuff is here, but he hasn't come around in the past couple of weeks. We tried spending time together and he LOOKS like he feels guilty about something and he doesn't really seem like he wants to hug or kiss me. We didn't even have sex after seeing each other for the first time in 3 days.
    I feel like something else is wrong that he did and now it's just meaningless texts every day about how we're both hurting and have to "figure things out" but he's not willing to truly talk to me or see me to work things out.

Will he EVER come out with what's really going on? He said we're making things worse be being together and the distance hurts but he said he doesn't want to break up with. I've also spoken to his sister who just told me take it one day at a time and she knows he loves me. But we can't work on anything if we're not together.

Is there a point for guys where they finally burst and come out with what they did to change a relationship?
    This is a very serious relationship - his family is 100% involved and I told his sister I want to be with him but he doesn't want to be with me. I don't want to bail on him because I want to know where this is going AND all of his stuff is at my house. I also cried to him and promised I wouldn't leave him, so now what do I do? Just go about my life til he spills what's really causing his distance??

That is exactly what he will do because you are allowing it. Give yourself a date that you will stop waiting for him. (a week/month/whatever) and then you tell him he's either all in or you're all out. Have his shit boxed up and have one of HIS family members (not him) pick it up.

Time that you BOTH shit or get off the pot. You can't keep expecting anyone other the HIM to tell you when/what/or whatever is going on in his head but you can take back your personal power and YOU make the final decision while realizing that he's not in this relationship so why should you be. Hard? Yes but you're on a holding pattern for a twit who is too afraid to lose you but really doesn't want you anymore. How convenient ~ FOR HIM!
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

In most cases when you feel something is on, something is really on. If you have asked him what is going on and no answer you need to live your life fully with the people who brings joy to you because it is not worth it to worry about something you do not even know. It is his choice not to tell you if there is something to tell. You did nothing wrong you should not be the one who is worried he should be.
    Get your lost lover back instantly.

Sometimes being rough and blunt really pays off -especially in serious relationships ,so it's recommended that you put up the whole situation in front of him and demand andupfront answer ,bailing each other and wasting time by the feelings "talk" won't really last long before the spark of your relationship dies.
    Clear things up ,if he refuses to open up ,then maybe your relationships wasn't that serious- atleast to him😉

Had to add this , don't do it over texts that'll make things worse😉

Maybe the relationship was just moving too fast (hence the series of mini fights) it sounds like you are in a really tough spot. All you can do is let him know you are there for him and want your relationship to work and are willing to put forth effort. But you don't want to smother him so perhaps offer him more space. But let him know that you want it to get back to normal when he is ready. Find some way to not make it an ultimatum
    Hunter S. Thompson once said "Buy the ticket, Take the ride."