+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why Is He Ignoring Me?

Why Is He Ignoring Me?

I'm 15 and I think he's 16.

We're both in a groupchat where we just talk about random stuff and post funny pictures or maybe love quotes and all that shit.

After a group project which happened in my house, we were still able to chat normally but then a little while later he started ignoring and just 'seen'ing my messages in the group chat, only responding to another girl but it really isn't like him cause he actually replies to everyone. Whatever message I sent, I ended up being ignored by everybody, they just continue talking.

Did something happen? Why all of a sudden? Did he figure out that I like him and started ignoring me instead?

It's like while they're talking and then I suddenly add 'hahah you're both epic lol' then they just seened me and never replied, only starting another topic when I went offline.

Sorry you're in this position. Unfortunately, this isn't about why he is ignoring you - it's about why the whole group is ignoring you. Something has happened to annoy them or upset them. Have any of them given you any clues as to what may have gone wrong? If not, it's very immature of them to exclude you in this way.

You're new at this school yes? My best advice is to leave this group and find some nicer friends.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Agree with basilandthyme completely. I know this is a very uncomfortable position for you to be in, and it's not fair. Unfortunately, it's not uncommon for people (or someone) to decide that they don't like you for whatever reason, and the mutiny begins. It could be annoyance, jealousy, feeling threatened, or just about anything. Once the group mentality sets in, it's tough to break through.

I would think about expanding your social circle and meeting some new people. I'm sure you'd rather be around people that are above the sheep syndrome anyways

Thank you for the suggestion

They are actually nice in school and all that and we do chat in that groupchat since they added me in. I'm really not good in socializing and I feel like they think of me differently, the way they are here and different from my old school. It just feels... Weird.

Actually, now that I noticed it, both of them ignores everyone else in the groupchat sigh

And, the guy i like and the girl he constantly chats with in the groupchat are ex lovers but they're good friends now. I just feel like the guy still likes her and all that so yeah, I backed off since you can't make a guy like you if he's still overly obsessed with another girl.

But thanks, I really should be interacting with different people, I won't be forcing myself on them and I'm entertaining the idea of going back to my old school where i know and i'm friends with everyone

I think most of us feel awkward and weird sometimes :-) It's a great idea to think about developing friendships with new people regardless of your circumstance. I've been the New Girl a few times in my life when I was in school, and it's a big adjustment. It takes time to really feel comfortable in your new surroundings and develop the kinds of bonds you had with people back home. Things will get better!!