+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long overdue update

Long overdue update

Hey so this is the thread I made a while ago and I wanted to give a update on what's going on and if any has any other advice
    [url]https://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/94822-due.html[/url]

So, I've been getting kinda confused lately.

I still talk to her often at least a few times a week. She normally text me first. If I see her when I'm about to go out somewhere she would text me a few minutes later wanting to talk.

Whenever she talks about her and her boyfriend she always says "friend". She never refers to him as her BF.Even though it's pretty clear he is since he always is at her house. I may be taking it as a wrong sign or maybe it means something more.

She has also told me that when I'm in boot camp she wants me to write letters to her. She wants personal letters. She really stressed on that part. She has told me this at least a thousand times lmao

One more incident is she asked me for a Marine Corps sweater and a dummy grenade. After, a few weeks I was finally able to get it for her. Her mom told my mom that when she got it, her whole face lit up and she had a smile so big and she told her mom "I can't tell my boyfriend" and her mom said "No don't" so I don't know what happened there lol

So, as you can see I am pretty damn confused on what is going on. I really need some advice because I still want to be with her at some point and I'm not sure if she is giving me signs.

I'm thinking she stringing you along. She likes your attention, she knows you like her and she want keep this going but dont get serious cause she dont like you that much. If she liked you more than her BF she would be with you not him.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    I'm thinking she stringing you along. She likes your attention, she knows you like her and she want keep this going but dont get serious cause she dont like you that much. If she liked you more than her BF she would be with you not him.
    Moms tend to be overly positive when it comes to relationships between their kids. While forum-posters take the super-negative approach.

Have you asked her for some time out on the town?
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!

No I haven't. Should I?

Bump......

I need some more advice please

Guess I'm just going to have to look elsewhere for help...

Quote Originally Posted by Doggey View Post
    No I haven't. Should I?
    Sorry, I thought you'd taken my advice.

Yes! Worst thing that could happen is she turns you down and/or you make a fool of yourself. But you'll get over that painful regret.
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!

It really sounds like she just doesn't want to let you go but doesn't want you to have anyone else either by keeping you dangling.

Either ask her out or cut all ties, move on and go out with someone else.

I'm just really nervous to do this. If I ask her out and she says no I'm really not sure if I can just cut her out. I've known her for years and my parents and hers are good friends. I'm kinda stuck here lol

Has she still got a boyfriend? If so, you'd have to be mighty confident to ask her on a date. Stealing another man's girl is not for the faint of heart!
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Has she still got a boyfriend? If so, you'd have to be mighty confident to ask her on a date. Stealing another man's girl is not for the faint of heart!
    I wouldn't be joining The Marines if I wasn't pretty confident haha. Anyway, I know it's against "the bro code" but honestly it doesn't deter me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggey View Post
    I wouldn't be joining The Marines if I wasn't pretty confident haha. Anyway, I know it's against "the bro code" but honestly it doesn't deter me.
    Doggey, you're telling us you're really nervous about approaching her. And frankly, it sounds like you can do it without a bit of encouragement in the background. If you were confident about this, you wouldn't need to be posting here for support and advice - you'd just charge in and do without doubting your ability to be successful.

Not to say that you're a coward. We all have areas where we are confident and areas where we are timid. Being a marine vs trying to secure a girl who's dating someone else is comparing apples and oranges.

Assuming she says "no" (there is a very high chance of failure because of her boyfriend) you have to know you'll be able to laugh it off and walk away with your head high and confidence intact. If you aren't sure you can do this, then this is a move which you're not ready for.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 03-08-15 at 10:18 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Doggey, you're telling us you're really nervous about approaching her. And frankly, it sounds like you can do it without a bit of encouragement in the background. If you were confident about this, you wouldn't need to be posting here for support and advice - you'd just charge in and do without doubting your ability to be successful.

Not to say that you're a coward. We all have areas where we are confident and areas where we are timid. Being a marine vs trying to secure a girl who's dating someone else is comparing apples and oranges.

Assuming she says "no" (there is a very high chance of failure because of her boyfriend) you have to know you'll be able to laugh it off and walk away with your head high and confidence intact. If you aren't sure you can do this, then this is a move which you're not ready for.
    Hmm. True. I suppose it is different.

The only problem I'm really having is walking away. I can ask her out that's no problem but if she says no then I know it will be over for good and there are so many things at play that don't want me to end this.

What if she says "yes" and then the two of you break up at a later date? (Let's face it, very few relationships last the distance). Would this also be bad ongoing? If so, I'd suggest you just pass on this girl and wait till you find a new one who is available AND who won't offer such great risk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast