+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Facebook Official SHould we? When? etc...

Facebook Official SHould we? When? etc...

I am 43 she is 39. We are adults and have been together 3 months. We have plans to travel together out of country in 4 months, we have tickets. Had all the talks about seriousness, stability, etc.. I am wondering if I should ask her to go Facebook official? I am not sure if it is a thing with her or not. I know a bit ago she posted a picture of flowers I sent her and mentioned she would like to tag me in it, but wasn't sure how I would feel. I said do it, and I did something similar with her, and she also said she did not mind at all being tagged in a flirty type picture with me. I feel silly about this. I mean if I ask her she could laugh and think I am a fool, or she could be against it, or she could love it. So I do not want to look like an insecure fool. SO what is the current thought process on this stuff these days?

PS:
    I have not done this in 4 years.

Why is FB official even a thing or important especially at your ages? Who cares -- as long as all your real life friends and family know you are in a relationship who cares what random online people that you probably barely ever socialize with think? Just ask her when in her presence and do it while with her if it's something important to you, or her.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Why not go official if you want and need that or thinks she might need that from you while away on your vacation.

It's really all up to you. If you two feel comfortable about each other enough, that shouldn't be a problem. Just ask her first.