+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Have a first crush...

Have a first crush...

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this website, but, I need advice. I don't really know what to do in a situation like this, and its bothering me a lot.
    So I had a crush on this Korean guy, (first crush ever) and I still have a crush on him to this day. I really like him. But as of now, he's in the middle of Korean military training.
    I confessed to him, a year and a half ago, that I liked him, his response was "You're weird" and he walked away. And after that, our friendship turned out awkward. The following semester after that confession, we found out that we had a class together, and he would always message me to save a seat for him. Things then started to go back to normal between the two of us, like what it was before I had confessed to him. Every time, during fencing, he would always be around me, standing next to me or want to fence me. After practice, before we'd part ways, he would hug me and we would go our separate ways. On the last day of fencing practice of that semester, we just sat on the floor next to each other and I laid my head on his shoulder and he patted me on the head.
    Recently, on social media, he commented on a photo that one of my friends had taken of me, and after I saw the comment, I felt that I still really liked him a lot and also missed him. Especially during fencing, when I fence, a lot of these memories come back.
    What should I do? Should I message him to confront my feelings? Should I ignore these feelings? What should I do? I've never experienced something like this before.

Thanks in advance,
    AngelicFencer

How old are you two? I am assuming late high school or early college. I only ask because to be perfectly honest, his response to you confessing to him before would almost lean me towards thinking you should have forgotten about him a while ago. That sounds extremely insensitive of him. I'd lean towards thinking you deserve better than somebody who would be so rude and dismissive of you like that.

Then again, he was young. That's no excuse for being so rude, but we all do stupid things when we are young. Not that a year and a half makes THAT much difference, but sometimes it does make a difference when you are becoming a young adult.

Honestly, I still lean towards thinking you should just forget him. First crushes always feel like such a big deal, but in time you'll get over him. I know you haven't YET, but that is more so because you haven't let yourself. Which, again, I know wasn't intentional on your part, but you were around him so much, he was at least friendly to you, so you never really gave yourself the chance to get over it. In time, you will and you'll find a guy who will make you wonder why you ever bothered with this fella in the first place.

On the other hand, though, if you would really just feel better trying, then feel free to just try asking him one more time. Again, it may not be what I would personally recommend, but you have to do what you feel is right for you. If you'd feel better just asking him out so at least you'd know, then go for it. Just be aware that he probably wouldn't feel any differently. Not that I'm saying he definitely won't. You never know. Just saying, chances are if he wasn't interested back then, he wouldn't be now. Best not to get your hopes up, that way at least if it doesn't go well, you were half expecting that anyway.

Good luck to you either way. You deserve somebody who would consider themselves the luckiest guy on planet Earth for being with you, not somebody you basically have to convince to give you a chance.