+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I end this relationship misery!

How do I end this relationship misery!

I have been dating this guy for 3.5 years now. He is two years younger so when we met he was a bit immature. When he would cheat, I would look past it and take him back, he cheated on me with a random girl last year, had unprotected interrcourse and I think that would be the end, however, he suckered me back in and swore he would never do it. Since then he moved to a different state and i stayed in the same state to finish school. I just finished and he has been bagging me to move there. I have been hesitant to make the move because on top of him being a cheater, he is a liar AND Extermely disrespectful towards me. I wanted to in a way test him to see if he changed, so i created a fake social media page and contacted him ( unfortunately, i have done this to him 3x before and he failed) well again this time he was really quick to ask the girl to meet and everything;( My heart cant simply take it anymore. I dont know if i should tell him its me or simply IGNORE him for good without an explination. Im starting to hate him. Please help

Hate him, For these attributes are the attributes of a psychopath, and psychopaths are very good at not being hated until their victims are well and truly trapped. Even when it is likely already too late, and one is indeed trapped, there is generally preoccupation with hating oneself. They distort minds, and they alter the way one thinks in order to totally control one. He is very needy of multi relationships, he likely engages as many simultaneous romantic relationships as possible, and he apparently cares nothing for other`s feelings. Is he highly sexually motivated, highly egoistic, and is he abnormally controlling? If I`m right you are doing exceptionally well in being a step ahead of him, for it is n`t generally the case. Watch him closely, they pick on easy targets. Are any of your friends that he knows about emotionally vulnerable? If so warn them of him, warn them all anyway. Play very safe with guys that demonstrate these attributes., even if only your instincts suggest that they might. They can be masters of deception/acting the good guy. Keep it coming with those tests, and suggest that your friends adopt them also, as standard. www.celebritydiscodave.co.uk. YouTube KatesDavid. One of my friends, 24 yrs, has had her first heart attack as consequence to getting mixed up with a psychopath. The system very often does n`t even recognize them, (masters of deception), on occasion not even if they are in the business of trying to kill you. You are infinitely better of having a 150 yr old date than entertaining a possible psychopath! They are not even human. Young women like you the world over should be educated in exactly what it is one should be looking for. They currently seemingly tend to the misconception that the definition for a psychopath is an older man, thus making it a field day for genuine psychopaths. If friendship is rocky definitely forget anything to do with a relationship, but remember, you do n`t necessarily know a guy until something happens/until he is tested. You know this already, but language can be very persuasive, and even you might forget. Jealousy is the trigger which causes a psychopath to switch.
    Last edited by Kates David; 31-07-16 at 01:49 PM.

From everything you've told us, my gut instinct is that he's an a-hole. He's a scumbag. He's lower than dirt. Every bad name you can think of, there might as well be a picture of this guy next to it in the dictionary. So, ABSOLUTELY do NOT move to be with him. I mean, he's cheated on you multiple times.... shows no proof that has stopped or will ever stop..... he's a liar.... he's, in your own words, "extremely" disrespectful to you.....

Exactly what redeeming qualities does this guy have that should give you any reason to want to remain with him? You deserve better. Good lord, the frigging Boogeyman would deserve better than a partner like that. As far as I see it, there really isn't even any reason to debate. Kick his arse to the curb. You probably shouldn't have snooped on him the way you did (creating a fake account and pretending to be some other girl hitting on him), but the more important fact to take from that is you shouldn't have had to feel like you HAD to do that to get the truth. He's put you in a position where you feel like the only way you can get the truth from him is if you lie yourself. Is that really somebody with whom you wish to share your life?

Honestly, what baffles me is the fact that you've caught him in that exact same trap THREE TIMES BEFORE. So, this latest makes four times.... and every single time he's failed your "test." How in the blue Hell does he keep falling for that? Either he's a complete moron, or that is how little he actually cares about you that he doesn't really give a crap if you catch him or not. Do either of those options sound good to you? Do either of those options make you want to stay with him?

You deserve better. Quite frankly, you would be better off completely alone rather than remaining with him. Good luck to you. Really, please care about yourself enough to realize that the way he treats you is NOT okay.

Just dump the douche bag FFS. Jesus, do you really need to come here to ask for advice on this? You said yourself that he is a "cheater, a liar, and disrespectful toward [you]", so why on Earth would you even bother to try to stay together? Don't you believe you deserve better than that?
    "Caring is not an advantage."

You hesitate, that`s interesting, why???

You know, I've always thought a pretty good way to look at things is like this....

Take a step back, and imagine as though all of this were happening to your best friend, or maybe your sister, rather than you. Imagine some guy was treating your best friend or sister the way this guy is treating you. Doing the things he is doing. ... Think about how that would make you feel. Think about what you'd probably be thinking. Think about what advice you'd give your friend/sister. Think about the things you'd secretly WANT to say to your friend/sister but would bite your tongue so as not to hurt her feelings.

If you do that and find yourself thinking you'd be telling your friend/sister "DUMP HIS @$$," then why would you not tell yourself that? ;-) Pretty good rule of thumb, I think.