+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Relationship Advice

Relationship Advice

Whom It May Comcern,

Hello. I'm here because I need a council of elders concerning relationship. Me and my girlfriend are head over heels in love with each other. And we are both determined to stay with each other through thick and thin. The problem isn't with her, but with me. She is 4 and a half years older than me, and has been around this world longer than I have. The problem I have is that I not only overthink things, but also react in a way that is childish and immature. For the past week, our lives have gotten pretty hectic with work, her daughter starting kindergarten as well as her being involved in extracurricular activities with school. And it's kind of put a strain in things such as our communication, and seeing/spending time with each other. And it's got me to a point where I have been freaking out, and has gotten my girlfriend stressed out. It's to a point where we got into a fight on Labor Day about it all. We worked it out, but I feel it put a strain on our relationship. We do not want to lose each other and we love each other very much. And I'm willing to make a difference to make this relationship with me and her work out as she is with me.

I feel it bothers her when I over excessively try to get a hold of her via phone or text, and I feel that I just need to trust her more. My goal is not just being and staying in love with each other, but to fall deeper in love with each other each passing day. And I can't figure out what I need to do on my end. Can someone please help me out with some sage like advice" I'm really wanting us to be together until the end of time. This is the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. And I am willing to make a difference for the sake of our relationship. If any encouragement is possible, I appreciate it. Thank you.

Jaymes

Hello, Jaymes. I want to start by saying I know how you feel. I personally was in a similar situation and unfortunately it's looking like I lost the girl I love. So I'm going to turn my negative into your postive and try to help you out. It probably does bother her when you over contact her on her phone. I know it's hard but you need to lay back a little and trust that she loves you. I learned that the hard way. And I know you're probably worrying a lot about what's going on in her head. Love is a very powerful thing and the thought of her not loving you is devastating, I know. So pretty much it's a mental thing you should work on. Tell yourself she loves you because it's true. And that's most likely not going to change. Everything works itself out, just let it. Be there for her but don't be overbearing.

Best wishes Jaymes, I hope everything works out.
    -SillyWilly