+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Boyfriend and I got into an argument on Tuesday - haven't heard from him since?

Boyfriend and I got into an argument on Tuesday - haven't heard from him since?

On Tuesday, my BF and I got into an argument. It basically started with talking about him going to Vegas this weekend for a Bachelor party and about the girls there. He got defensive and said "I'm allowed to talk to girls". Obviously he is. And then I tried initiating sex, since we hadn't had sex in over a week and he turned me down... So it was just a mixture of things that started the argument.

I tried texting him Wednesday (not yesterday) and today and have yet to hear from him.... I tried apologizing for the way I acted on Tuesday, but complete radio silence on his end. I told him I'm done trying to contact him this weekend and I'll see him when he gets home from Vegas on Sunday.

I am (was?) supposed to pick him up on Sunday from the airport... So today, I texted him and said I would like to still pick him up from the airport on Sunday so he doesn't waste $40+ dollars on an Uber home and he (obviously) didn't respond. So now idk what I am supposed to do on Sunday

He's clearly super upset at me still. And this is raising my anxiety since he's in Vegas, I haven't heard from him, and I'm worried that he is going to get with some girl there in spite of me and the argument we had.

I know to not text him anymore after trying to contact him today. What am I supposed to do?

We are supposed to be going on a weekend trip in 2 weeks with his brother and his brother's girlfriend... Am I supposed to assume that the trip is off? I just don't want to not go, especially since I have already bought my (non-refundable) plane ticket

I have to be honest... At least as far as Sunday goes, I'm not sure what to suggest you do. Hopefully others have thoughts. I'd like to say that you told him you'd pick him up, so you should still be there..... but with the way he's been acting it wouldn't surprise me if he made other arrangements and didn't bother to tell you. So, part of me wants to say why go all that way only for it to probably turn out he won't be there waiting for you?

However, I will say this....

Unless there is something major about the details of the argument you didn't want to share that may change things a little....

I honestly think my suggestion would be to leave him. I don't know if maybe that sounds like an over-reaction.... but to me there is NO excuse for him to ignore you for DAYS in a row like he has. Again, unless there is some important detail you didn't share (like you killed his mother or something), then my honest feeling is he is a giant, overgrown, immature child when you should be looking to find yourself a man.

Some might say you should talk to him about this before taking such a drastic step.... but I have to be honest. I don't see how blatantly ignoring you like that for days deserves to be forgiven. That is NOT the way a mature adult handles things, especially if the offense is so minor as the one you seem to be describing. It would be different if there was some sort of huge issue and you two hit a point where you both said you needed time. Then, I'd say you should understand if he's not ready to talk. But, it doesn't sound like this was a case of that.

Now, I could be wrong. Maybe you did cross the line when you were sharing your concerns with him. After all, he's going to Vegas for a bachelor party. You should be able to trust him. If he's never given you any reason NOT to trust him. then you shouldn't treat him as though he has. So, IF maybe you were out of line, I could sort of more understand. I can't know that, so you'd have to clarify. Just based on what you shared, though, I didn't get the impression that you did take it too far.