+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Making amends

Making amends

About 2 years ago I met a guy at a walking group and ended up liking him. I think he thought I wasn't interested as I cut my losses as I heard he was dating someone. Over time he seem annoyed I had lots of interest yet he did nothing to pursue me.

Since then I have struggled to speak to him as I felt hurt by what happened and a lot of people were causing trouble between us. When we are on walks or nights out I catch him looking at me but I can't look at him.

I feel so annoyed with myself as we got on well but we don't talk anymore. Now I would only want to be friends as he isn't right for me. I want to talk to him but bottle it every time. I don't like ignoring him as it makes me feel uncomfortable. I don't think he is aware of what has gone on. I don't know how to talk to him as I don't want to do it at the Christmas Party as we are there to have fun. Is it worth me texting him to sort it out? I don't want to leave it any longer.

I think if only to stop the bad feelings you have over this with him it would be worth it for you to finally air it and settle it no matter the outcome. Dealing with it will help you. Best of luck with your talk.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

You need to tell him. Air it all out, and whatever happens, know that you told him how you felt. It'll help you feel better. He deserves to know how you feel and maybe talking everything out will help the dust settle.

I hope for the best for you.