+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need My Confidence Back!

Need My Confidence Back!

Hi, all!

My [25M] girlfriend [23F] and I have been dating for a year and a half. We are absolutely in love. It came up the other day, however, that she once had a one night stand with an NBA player... a very tall and good looking one. She wasn't bragging by any means and actually approached it well, but I could just tell by the little smirk that it was a very fun night.

I was a Division 1 basketball player myself. I have always been proud of my accomplishments, and have always loved identifying as a basketball player. Since hearing this, I find it has somewhat stripped me of my masculinity. How can I ever compete with him? He's much more physically capable, older, more experienced in bed, and obviously there is a thrill in sleeping with a celebrity.

I feel like I have lost confidence since. Obviously she loves me because of my all around capabilities- smart, caring, loving, funny, good looking, etc- but I still feel very defeated by this.

How can I move past it, knowing that I am satisfying her, and that night wasn't the greatest night of her life? Or could it have been? Idk! Any serious response helps!

Well, before you met you should have banged and NBA player since you hold them in such high esteem. That way, you could throw that back at her and feel all self esteemy.

You are 25. Time for childish BS was over a few years ago.

The only way I would feel any sympathy for you is if she brought this up. If she brought it up it would be a red flag for me. If you brought it up...well, shame on you for asking.

Maybe he has the bigger penis. Maybe he is better than you in bed
    However the girl chooses to be with you
    Not hin
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.