So I have a really close guy friend whose parents are here from abroad to visit him for two weeks. He asked me if I wanted to meet his parents. Well, his parents are here he told them that I am going to join them for a day trip next week. The thing is.... a lot of people assume that we are going out or like each other because we are so close. Apparently, guys and girls can't be friends. I am trying to see him as brother that I never had, but its been hard! We spoke 2 times about my feelings towards him but he responds saying that he is under depression and not ready now to start a relationship with anyone, it wouldt work, but he never said I dont see you as a partner in the future, in fact a couple of times he did said how "deep" our friendship and the best couples usualy come from best friends.... that he never had this with anyone in his life....
I am really puzzled because I really like him but assumed that when I declared my fellings (2 times) he would either take the next step or make very clear to me that he likes me just as a friend! He is a 42 yo adult, he shouldt be playing with my feelings! He is a really nice person that I dont want out of my life, but I am strugling to move on with my personal life because I am in love with him and hopefull that he is also in love with me but taking his time due to his depression.
There are so many times when I think there's more than friendship from his side because of the way he acts towards me.
SO my question is -- do guys usually introduce a friend that is a girl to meet his parents and have an official trip with them?? Is this normal? I so not sure if it's no big deal but at the same time, I feel like it is because from what he has told me, he has never introduced a girl to his parents before. I'm kind of confused as to how he thinks of me enough to introduce me to his parents. I might be overthinking this, but I'm a woman so that's natural haha.
Any comments about his feelings towards me are very welcome!