+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should she leave him?

Should she leave him?

Hello everyone.
    I would like to ask a question. If you were married to someone and that person would want to be with someone else. Thinking about him 24/7, wishing you were him. Rather wanting to spend her life with him than with you. Goinng as far as saying the new guy is the love of her life, her the one. Would you prefer if she would stay with you because she feels she has to because it is her duty as your wife? Even though she herself says the reasons for her staying are just not wanting to hurt you and she sees letting the new guy go and living with you as her punishment for falling somebody else. Saying she just doesn’t want to hurt you bcos you are innocent and don’t deserve to be hurt bcos of her falling and wanting to be with someone else. Or would you rather she leaves you, setting you free so you can find someone new as well.
    Not put on an act for you but be truthfull and hurt you for a time but stay true to what she wants?

I'd rather she left me. Why would you want someone that is miserable? Why would you want someone that doesn't love you anymore? Why you would you want her to stay out of "duty"? What kind of relationship is that? They both deserve to be in a loving and caring relationship.

I wouldn't want to be with somebody who didn't want to be with me. If you get rid of her, set her free to go be with the guy she loves, you will be free to find a new partner who loves you.

I take my commitments seriously and don't believe that marriage is a thing that should be considered lightly.... but I've also always found it equally ridiculous when people take marriage SO seriously that they think it means they should be stuck in a miserable, loveless marriage. That just because they got married means it has to be forever no matter how wrong the relationship turns out to be for both of them.

As somebody who has spent most of his life wanting love so badly, as a hopeless romantic (like the dream guy in all those Disney romances... expect that I'm also the monster) that would probably be the absolute worst thing to ever happen to me. To be stuck in a loveless relationship. Hell... I've been there, and if I lived out the rest of my days miserable and alone, I'd still be a million times happier than I was trapped in that relationship.

So, I'm with the group here. I wouldn't care what she did with her life.... so long as it no longer involved me at all. I'd want her out of my life, and I'd want a new chance to find real love, not pretend love with some selfish person who is just waiting for the next exciting and new relationship.

If you really loved her this wouldn’t even be a question!

She wants to leave.
    What I don’t get is why she hasn’t done it already ?