+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Contacting an old flame

Please keep us posted.

It is fun to get in touch with old friends!

What is this website???? I wanna check it out!

UPDATE:

On Sunday, after coming back from a long business trip, I decided to give her a call. Many thing were going through my mind....you know, the good and bad thoughts of what could happen when she picks up. As the phone rings, my heart began to beat a little faster. A familiar voice answered, it was her! I had so many things to say to her, but at that moment, I was lost for words. She was driving with others members of her church to an event when I called. I felt it was not a good time to catch up on old times, so I told her to call me when she got home.

That night, she called and we spoke a good two hours. The impression I got from her was very positive. She reiterated how happy she was to find me again...how she wanted to see me in person. That got me curious as to how she looks now, too. During our conversation, she touched on the part where we suddenly lost contact a few years ago. She didn't question me, rather, she said the friendship that we had back then still remains fresh and valuable in her mind. She said she still has all the things (pictures, stuffed toys and gifts) that I gave her! To my amazement, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. This is too good to be true. Anyways, I explained to her what an idiot I was to disappear on her the last few years. It felt good to finally get that out. I was expecting her to begin the interrogation process. To my amazement, she responded with compliments as how nice, friendly and fun of a person I was. Wow, maybe I'm being too much of a pesimist. I'm thinking to myself...she's got to be pulling my leg. I'm wondering if I should even see her in person again.
    To laugh is to risk appearing a fool.
    To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.
    To reach out for another is to risk involvement.
    To expose feelings is to risk rejection.
    Only a person who takes risks is free.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12