+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I called my gf a PIG, by mistake... What do I do now?

lol, this is so stupid, some girls are self concious and some aren't, SHE IS, obviously, if you like her you should be tryin' to make her feel good about herself. at the end of the day it's a pity she can't take a joke
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

um,
    if she's really that upset about it she had problems, she can get over it, stop apologizing so profusely, it's just making it a bigger deal than it is, wow, take a joke

Damn, people! Way to go off on a tangent! Regardless of how reasonable or not she is being about it, what he needs is some advice on what to do about soothing her, and telling her to suck it up isn't going to help.

OP< I suggest you show her some actual remorse. You don't have to apologize over and over if you do it right the first time. There is a difference between taking responsibility for something you've done and actually feeling remorse, which is "It hurts me to know that I've hurt you." You'd be surprised how much mileage you can get out of a little remorse.

Also, it may just take her a little time to settle down about it. Show her the remorse, then respectfully back off and tell her you're there when she's ready to talk about it.

Then prepare to go over and over it until you're exhausted and ready to lash out again. Resist this temptation. That way leads nowhere you want to go.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    I agree. He gave great advice but I agree that the card thing should be eliminated. I would do number 1. Say you thought of another movie and did not mean to hurt her feelings. Then leave it at that. No more apologizing about it.
    It's funny how people encourage lies instead of the truth.

You didn't mean it. That's it. Tell her you did not mean anything, kiss her and tell her it was just a joke. Damn.

I thought that was the truth--that he thought of the first movie in this mind. Oh well, the gf is exaggerating her hurt feelings to manipulate him anyway.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Wow. Talk about sensitive. That girl's gotta learn not to dish it out if she can't take it back. I admit, not smart to call her a pig, but she shouldn't call you a mouse either. She needs to just get over it. She kidded with you about the mouse thing and you kidded back. Not a big deal. She doesn't sound very mature, no offense.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    The fact that his GF may be more emotional about being called PIG doesn't negate the need for her to accept that HER behaviour is no better than his. They should both apologize.

Wow, for once, I agree with you Indi. She's being immature about it, but it was wrong for him to say. They need to just apologize put this behind them.

APOLOGIZE??

im a female..admittedly become sensitive to comments about my appearance too..but this is just stupid!

for either party to get offended my a meaningless remark like that is shocking.

believe me, if she is that sensitive about what you said..you've got your work cut out for you. you're gonna have to watch every single word you utter to that woman..and she's going to be too.

you've done your part of crawling around...don't do it anymore. let her know (assertively) that it was a joke and you never meant anything by it. if you submit to feeling guilty that's her ticket to make you feel like the scum of the earth and get her way.

to the guys out there, sure women can be very sensitive to comments made about their looks..but some of us also have a sense of humour..go for those girls!
    "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little bit of each other everywhere."

I had a psychology teacher in high school that had one rule in his class. He said you can joke around and talk as much shit to each other as you wanted as long as it didn't disturb the class and wasn't true.

I'm curious, is your girlfriend overweight? If so you should have never even said that. If not she's immature and manipulative.

Like everyone mentioned, handing over that letter is like handing her your balls. You'll just look like a pussy. Appologize and explain only once. If she expects you to appologize a bunch of times and beg her to be happy, she's got problems. If she's still not happy, dump her.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345