+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Ok, I went her number. Need some help on what to do [One week until I see her to ask]

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Don't put so much pressure on yourself.

See thats the same thing I told the kid. We do what we do and say what we say. I expect certain things because I want to be free, if I do the wrong thing then its on me, not too complicated? See, we agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    The message wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Still, you should avoid doing that again. Don't appear insecure.
    Can I put my dick in your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Everlovin View Post
    Can I put my dick in your ass?
    I think you have a crush on me.

It's flattering.

But I'm in love with your mom. Sorry.
    I don't chase, I replace.

[Update]

[Update]
    Alright, so we continued to talk. She told me she couldn't do anything and suggested the next week.

Then I also considered asking her to be my Valentine.

But first I had a friend talk to her to see what she thought. She does not know that I am friends with t he guy, so she obviously was truthful to the situation.

So my friend tells her after they were talking back and forth a bit, Really? He must really like you lol and she says "Ugh i dont dig younger dudes"

What is this shit? We are four ****ing months apart!

I see her tomorrow in the morning at my soccer game. We have a double-header so I will be with her 2x as long.

So now I have a few options, and need some insight guys.

I can ask her to be my Valentine regardless, and hope for the best, and if I get a no just **** it or tell her that reason is bullshit (not in such an angry tone of course)

I could just talk to her at the game, and see if I can still change her over, and hope we hang out the next week.

Or if you have any other ideas, shoot them at me.

Keep in mind, this is insider info. She does not know that I know this. She is still nice to me, and probably thinks she still has me fooled. And she DOES know I am interested.

Thanks. I will be making a decision tonight.

Of course, being 4 months younger means nothing ... I think what she was trying to convey is that she usually is attracted to guys a few years OLDER than she is.

Dude, you just HAVE to stop using intermediaries to gather information for you. You asked her out, and then you had a friend tell her you really like her. Unless she's stupid, she made the connection. If you have something to ask her or tell her, do it yourself. Even if she didn't know you and the other guy were friends, she probably does now. That's soooo high school. So is asking her to be your Valentine.

As for all your options ... do what everyone has been saying in the later posts. Just go skating and treat her as a friend ... forget about whether it's called a "date" or not. A lot of people seem to think that if you don't immediately declare your romantic feelings, you will immediately be friendzoned. Bulls**t. There are many ways to convey interest without being so direct at the start.

Are you still going skating tomorrow night?

Carl.

No.

She said she couldn't this weekend, and she suggested next weekend. (And we changed to going to a mall)

And, also, I still am not sure how I can change her mind about the whole younger dudes excuse.

Either you didn't give a solution to that, or I missed the solution to it.

Edit: And my friend didn't tell ehr I liked her. He was pretending like he was guessing. She hasn't a clue. I guarantee it.

Oh yeah, I missed that (next weekend).

How can you change her mind about younger dudes? You can't. But remember, it's probably not the physical difference between you and the older guys she dates, it's the difference in attitude and experience.

All you can do is muster up enough extra confidence and maturity to make her forget your chronological age. In other words, if she likes guys 2-3 years older, then you have to act as if you are 2-3 years older ... not really a bad thing anyway.

Carl.

Alright.

So if I got this right, I should just go with the flow and hope for the best, and be confident and mature?

No i would say **** it... listen man, shes a high-speed train to heartbreak, (*also I have never asked a girl to be my valentine since kindergarten it seems kind of desperate/immature BUT i may be wrong do people still do this type of thing???) anyway i would say ignore her, right now she looks at it like this. You suggested this week she said no, she suggests next week you say okay, In her mind shes thinking (Wow well he has no plans except for me) what should have told her, or tell her is that your busy next week you made plans with the guys. if anyhting. I would say jump ship this little romance is going to cause nothing but stress.

Think about it man, if you really liked someone or thought there was a chance and they asked you to do something would you put it off for a week? Shes hoping by that time you forget about because girls don't like causing conflict up front. However, knowing your a guy who's fallen for this girl you will not forget about it, and the more you push on the date the more it will push her away. Take my advice here, ive been here, ive done this. You have to let her contact you next, don't be a dick about it and if you see her at the soccer game show your purposely ignoring her, just act preoccupied, calm and cool. If shes interested she will text/call you.

You already through the line in, now wait and see if the fish bites.
    Last edited by Zehx; 14-02-09 at 07:54 AM.
    How we survive is what makes us who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by thechampanon View Post
    Alright.

So if I got this right, I should just go with the flow and hope for the best, and be confident and mature?
    Exactly. And Zehx has it right ... at this point, the less you do the better off you'll be. Never let her see you sweat! I would modify his advice a little bit ... you've made a commitment for next weekend, assume it's a plan and act courteous accordingly (i.e. confirm the time, etc.) and in the meanwhile, treat her the same as you did before you got a crush on her.

In other words, don't come across as careless and abusive ... sure, it might make her want to chase you a bit, but if she's that kind of girl, you don't want her as a girlfriend anyway.

Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    Exactly. And Zehx has it right ... at this point, the less you do the better off you'll be. Never let her see you sweat! I would modify his advice a little bit ... you've made a commitment for next weekend, assume it's a plan and act courteous accordingly (i.e. confirm the time, etc.) and in the meanwhile, treat her the same as you did before you got a crush on her.

In other words, don't come across as careless and abusive ... sure, it might make her want to chase you a bit, but if she's that kind of girl, you don't want her as a girlfriend anyway.

Carl.
    Alrighty man.

Thanks.

I think I know what I am going to do then.

[New]
    Okay, I asked her to be my Valentine. She said yeah.

Not the point though.

Read this conversation we had:

Her: Yea but im not looking to be anythin mroe than friends. And i guess if you really want

to get me something.. (:
    Me:Ah, tbh that was my intention the whole time Hehe. Might sound silly, but does it have

anything to do with me being younger?
    Her:Oh um no i jus don't want a bf either. Lol
    Me:That's what they all say. Lol but its ok. If you don't want to give it a chance, and that

is how you feel, i respect that. Sorry you feel that way.
    Her:Lol well im also talkin to someone. Kinda. Lol and don't you live far?
    Me:You define far lol i don't think it is that far though. 25 minutes.
    Her:Na. Lol im so tired
    Me:Nothing to lose if you give me a chance lolbut same if you don't. And sorry to hear

you are tirex XD
    Her:Lol um okay. Aren't you a sophomore?
    Me:Yes. I am. I don't think that is relevant though. Why you ask lol
    Her:Oh jus curious. Lol yeaa idk i usually go for older guys. Haha
    Me:What's the difference between older and younger guys? Lol i know you may tink they are

more mature, but there are exceptions
    Her:Not necessarily. Idk i don't usually hang with younger people
    Me:I don't see the rationale though. Lol how my age rules me out. Hell i could've said i was

17 if you know what i am talking about Ha
    Her:Lol its not really age. Jus the way they act. Idk
    Me:Ok, well think abotu how i act. If this is why you won't think about it, i think you

should think for a minute Lol abotu what i am saying
    Her:Lol okay okay. Mr. Persistent
    Me:XD lol, i am jsut trying to make my case. Here, how about you honestly think about it

tonight, and if you do that, and you still don't want to, it's okay.
    Her:Lol i'll give you the same chance as the enxt guy. But jus so you know they're a few

other guys interested, youre not the only one
    Me:Lol i guessed this long ago. Idc, sicne i am confident in myself if i get an equal shot.

So you'll give me that equal chance then?
    Her: Lol ok then. Yes you'll get an equal chance (:
    Me:Good lol hopefully we can hang out next week then. Find out who you are Haha
    Her:Lol we should be able to. Jus pick a day
    Me:Sorry phone died lol but sat around six or seven?
    Her:Its cool. Yea i think that should be fine. What we gonna do?
    Me:I was thinking thd same thing. Go to thd greene [outdoor mall], maybe get a bite and a

movie. That cool?
    Her:Yea that sounds good
    Me:Alright cool. If anything comes up, hit me up.
    Her:Will do
    Me:Ok. Well i am going to bed. Night laura.
    Her:Night
    So, I mean, I've got to be something spectacular. Chances are really bleak. I've got to somehow be something new to her, and amazing. "Not like all the others"

Ideas?
    Last edited by thechampanon; 15-02-09 at 11:24 AM.

I'm a little unimpressed with the begging.

You seemed to be quick to try and get her to jump into a relationship even though you've only actually hung out once before? Or didn't that get canceled? So the only times you've seen her is at the soccer game?

She might only be giving you the shot because she doesn't want to hurt you, but you've got nothing to lose I guess.
    I don't chase, I replace.

I don't like your suck-up attitude, champanon. After a while you're going to get sick of sugarcoating things.

Here's a more appropriate example of how your attitude should be:

her: "I usually hang with younger people"
    you: "Ahhh, well have you always been that ignorant? "

The smiley face would disguise it as a joke, but the phrase would tickle her inner guilt. That's what you want to do; you want to convince her that you're right.

her: "Lol its not really age. Jus the way they act. Idk"
    you: "You don't know? Haha... gee, I'm not convinced you know what you're talking about."

She really doesn't know what she's talking about, does she? I think that gives you some license to say that. Honestly, that's her excuse for not wanting to hang out.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 15-02-09 at 12:10 PM.

Oh man ... you handled yourself brilliantly!

Not a freaking speck of underconfidence or immaturity. You didn't get angry, whine or pout when she said she prefers older guys, you simply called her on it in a rational non-argumentative way ... don't look at my age, look at how I act. If you like how I act, give me a shot. And she agreed!!!

By the way, her "Mr. Persistant" comment was a HUGE compliment. It means she knows you aren't intimidated by her. I'm truly impressed by your response to her saying that you had competition ... you replied:"Lol i guessed this long ago. Idc, since i am confident in myself if i get an equal shot." Bull's eye!!!

I don't know if you are actually going to get the girl, champanon, you are aiming high and pissing in the tall weeds with the big dogs. But if you handle yourself with girls the way you just did, it will be like shooting ducks in a barrel.

What happened to that underconfident kid who started this thread??? hahahaha

Carl.

ps ... she seems to be a lot more excited about your date ... way better than "are you kidding"
    Last edited by carl1222; 15-02-09 at 12:03 PM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast