+ Follow This Topic

Thread: We are just friends---but what would you take from this statement?

We are just friends---but what would you take from this statement?

A guy friend of mine told me this:

This guy and I were talking and he just randomly told me that he liked me and that he hopes that my future husband can realize how lucky he really is to have someone like me. I remember thinking, future HUSBAND? I am no where near thinking of marriage with anyone, and I mean we have never even talked about that kind of stuff, even joking around..never. We are not even dating--we are just friends, I am not saying we can never go out with each other, but it just never seems to happen between us. We flirt with each other on and off, but I think most friends do that. He never really makes any real "Moves" towards me that he wants us to be more then friends. I am 20 and he is 25. Maybe this was his way of making a move or something? I dont know and I am just wondering what others would think about this statement.

Thnxss for the imput!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's what he says when his doubts trump any hope he has to get with you.

so...your saying he does not think he has a chance with me? I kind of never thought of us being together like that--were friends and I mean I do like him but I didnt think he felt anything besides a friendship towards me and then when he said that, I got to thinking and I was like...well what the hell was that supposed to mean? I dont know....

Well, if you aren't opposed to trying something with him, maybe ask him what he is talking about. I agree with fras, I think he thinks he and you aren't gonna happen. Or maybe he was slyly putting it out there to see what your reaction would be. I mean... you could make a move if you really wanted to. But then again, do you want someone who is too nervous to make a move on you?
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Girls have guy friends, but guys don't have female friends.

Unless they're ugly or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ashleyy1616 View Post
    This guy and I were talking and he just randomly told me that he liked me and that he hopes that my future husband can realize how lucky he really is to have someone like me.
    This could mean just about anything, from him wanting to be with you to just saying that you are a nice person and he hopes your future partner will appreciate it (it may not mean he's into you at all).

Why not ask for more clarification?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

maybe he was just testing the waters to see if you'd be open to further advances?

Quote Originally Posted by ashleyy1616 View Post
    This guy and I were talking and he just randomly told me that he liked me and that he hopes that my future husband can realize how lucky he really is to have someone like me.

I'll translate that for you into womanese: "You are a wonderfull person and one day you're gona make someone very happy girl."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

not a male but ill offer my advice :0 you can translate this he was saying that you are what men are looking for, if he didnt look at you or do something else after that thats all he meant if he was looking at you or flirted some more or maybe touched you when he said it he was testing you to see how you would respond hope this helps
    youtube.com/happy75216

You can take it two ways, one that he wanted you to correct him and reassure him that something *could* happen between you guys or he thinks that you like him in that way and that was his way of telling you he's not interested.

I'm new here, so hi btw

The statement has been paraphrased. It could mean anything. Either, I like you.... I'm sly. Or, I don't like you, I'm sly... possibly something else entirely in context.

I guess he 's taking the long route to let you know he's into you.
    Maybe he thinks since you have the foundation of friendship , he is taking it to the next level slowly..making you know his insights about you..

If you feel you are not taking him as more than a friend, let him know. If you are willing to take your friendship a step further, then let him know it, and have a good conversation about it.

You are friends, so work it out between you which direction you want to take. Just be honest with each other, and things between you will be okay.