+ Follow This Topic

Thread: maybe want to be more than friends

maybe want to be more than friends

So one of my good girlfriends and I have been talking a lot since we've both been having problems with people we were dating. we're both totally single now. I'm a junior in college and we've been friends since my senior year of high school. we actually liked each other around the time we first met, but I ended up dating this other girl and it never went anywhere and we just became good friends.

We've kind of been on and off friends though. After high school we didn't talk all that much again until last spring. And we have gotten especially close lately. we've been texting pretty much everyday throughout the day. we've kind of been using each other to talk about the problems we've been having with the other person we like.

I don't know if you read my other thread about the girl I was seeing who just broke up with her boyfriend. basically she told me we can't go out right now because she's not ready, but we are still talking so who knows where that could go. She is still getting over her boyfriend who just broke up with her and talks to me about it a lot. I knew him personally, but we weren't best friends. They only dated for like 2 months.

I've kind of realized lately though that I kind of might like her. We have really similar personalities and a lot in common. I want to ask her what she thinks, but don't know how to go about doing so. Other than what all of our friends would say (we have a lot of the same ones) I don't see it being that weird. What should I do in this situation?

Just ask... be nice about it, non-threatening. "Hey, i really think we got something here, how about you?"

Screw what your friends might think...
    "We are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically.
    That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that.
    It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us."
    — Neil deGrasse Tyson