+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossroads.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Reading this and a couple of other posts you made on this subject Fras I'm starting to realize that you will probably let her go. You need more experience, education wise, work wise and relationship wise and these things require a higher degree of freedom. Staying in this relationship will probably leave you feeling like you are stagnating and you probably won't be able to conquer that feeling completely until you get to taste that freedom completely.

Though, freedom is a double edge sword. After a while you will realize it's not all it's cracked up to be and what once seemed like a cool refreshing change can easily turn into an empty and bitter loneliness. Missing her year after year and wondering what it could have been like will probably be a lot harder than letting her go. It's a hard decision to make with heavy casualties on either side of the fence. I hope you will make the one which is best suited for you.
    I love this guy

Anyway... I agree with Mish on this one.

do you have to realize though that girls like A are one in a million, especially for someone like you. not everyone is going to accept you the way you are. consider your chances of going through a whole lot of women just to find someone like her years later.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

I don't have much to add beyond what Billy and Indi said. It's okay to go your own ways, Fras. It's not a betrayal and it's not a tragedy, just a bittersweet parting, like so many more you will experience in life.
    Spammer Spanker

The whole time I was in Berlin for this 5 day weekend, I had to listen to a friend talk about his ex. It's been more than a year since they broke up and he is still not over her. They chose to go their own separate way as well.

Just do me a favor - when she's gone, don't bring her up. It's ****ing annoying. Just get over her and enjoy your damn life.

I actually had a nice response typed up this morning and then windows did an update and I totally lost it

Anyway, I'm not sure if I can say anything else that hasn't been said. I empathize with how hard your decision must be. When I was in my twenties, life goals always trumped relationship goals when the two couldn't exist in tandem. So I spend alot of my twenties single.

When you look back at the things you accomplish though, I'm pretty sure you won't have any regrets.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    bottom line, if you're not happy and you're can see anything clearly right now, chances are that its' for a reason.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    bottom line, if you're not happy and you're can see anything clearly right now, chances are that its' for a reason.

raverboy
    Yeah - isn't your reason usually alcohol?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i'll save that excuse for the break up partying.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12