+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: girlfriend broke up with me, do I have any options?

girlfriend broke up with me, do I have any options?

Hi guys...so today my girlfriend broke up with me. We had been dating for about a month and a half. Things were going great and this happened all of the sudden.

Like she had gotten out of this long serious relationship with her ex (they broke up about three months ago) and he had lied, cheated, and abused her. She told me she is having a very hard time believing that I really like her that much. I seriously am crazy about her and I really want to be with her. Today I went to see her at the university and she did not want to see me. She did not answer my calls either so I sent a text message and I asked her to tell me where we were or if we were over I needed a closure. She just replied saying "we're over" with no explanation as to why.

Like I seriously am crazy about this girl and I know she will take her time to believe me and stuff but I am willing to take things slow. Do I have any options? Is there anyway I can get her back? Like she still have me added on Facebook and stuff, hasn't blocked me yet anyways.

What can I say or do to show that I really like her and that I am not playing games or plan on cheating. I have never cheated in the past and I am not going to start either. Please help....

Cheers
    Last edited by love_tank; 21-01-10 at 12:46 PM.

In my view, you have no options. If she didn't think it was serious enough to end it between you two in person and sent a meager text message(and a bullshit two word message at that!) she was never that into you. Be the man. Confront her and end it the way you'd like it. No matter how much you're hung up on her. You need to end it properly and send her a message. Don't let her make you look bad, especially the way she ended it with you.

you were a rebound. She used you for emotional comfort to help her get over her ex. Now that she's over him, she no longer needs you.

lesson in life: never develop feelings for a girl who just got out of a serious, long-term relationship.

I think I left out a few key details. She met up with me a day before and told me in person that "she needs time to herself" or something along those words. I just told her to tell me in plain english as to what she means. I asked her if she was leaving me and she answered no a few times but after I kept asking what then she finally said yes that she is leaving me. When we had the chat I was a little drunk so I wanted to meet up with her today at the University, but she said she did not want to meet up and she said we were over.

I still don't know the exact reason as to why we broke up. I think it has something to do with her not believing the things I say.

Also, she had told me that she really likes me many times to.
    Last edited by love_tank; 21-01-10 at 02:23 PM.

Not to take away from your hurt, but a month and a half isn't that long of a relationship. Unfortunately, you were more into her than she was into you. Don't be her fall back crutch. Go out and have fun, stay busy and stay positive.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

No offense, I'm not sure I ever will understand the mentality of someone who wants to get back together with the person who dumped him/her. Isn't being dumped enough to turn you off from that person for good?

If you aren't the person for her, **** her. Her loss.
    Last edited by starbuck; 21-01-10 at 09:55 PM.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

It may not seem fair, but you honestly sound like her rebound, and there's nothing you can do or say to change her mind. I read your other post about her trust issues, and while I'm sure she does have some issues, the first thing that crossed my mind was she was sabotaging the relationship. Maybe hoping you'd break up with her so she wouldn't have to be the bad guy.

In short there's absolutely nothing you can do about the situation, and in fact you're making it worse right now.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by shheadz View Post
    It may not seem fair, but you honestly sound like her rebound, and there's nothing you can do or say to change her mind. I read your other post about her trust issues, and while I'm sure she does have some issues, the first thing that crossed my mind was she was sabotaging the relationship. Maybe hoping you'd break up with her so she wouldn't have to be the bad guy.

In short there's absolutely nothing you can do about the situation, and in fact you're making it worse right now.
    Yeah, very true, it does sound like I was her rebound. One thing that I don't get is that she has me added on facebook and stuff and she just changed her status to her new number (she changed her number cause she got a new phone, I was there with her at that time) so I know she didn't get a new number cause of me. If she did hate me now, would she have not blocked on facebook my now? Like I have stopped all contacts with her since yesterday, so I won't be contacting her, but I'm just curious haha.

Quote Originally Posted by love_tank View Post
    If she did hate me now, would she have not blocked on facebook my now? Like I have stopped all contacts with her since yesterday, so I won't be contacting her, but I'm just curious haha.
    Well, for one you need to relax a bit. You're starting to over analyze the situation, and her actions. Really it just might not have crossed her mind to remove you yet.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

The only chance you have is to calm down and see if she has regrets about breaking up with you. Bugging her isn't going to do it. Let her miss you.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    The only chance you have is to calm down and see if she has regrets about breaking up with you. Bugging her isn't going to do it. Let her miss you.
    yup, planning on doing exactly that. Like I was thinking of doing a complete blackout of communication with her for at least two weeks. If I do not hear from her in that time, should I try to touch base with her? or leave it and move on?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by love_tank View Post
    yup, planning on doing exactly that. Like I was thinking of doing a complete blackout of communication with her for at least two weeks. If I do not hear from her in that time, should I try to touch base with her? or leave it and move on?

Thanks.
    You should be asking yourself why you'd want to get back together with her anyway.

Listen what your doing right now is not helping your chances with her. Don't put a date or time on this. You need to block her out of your mind and focus on yourself. Stop pestering her, leave her alone. If she's ready to talk to you she'll contact you and thats when you need to ask yourself if you want this or not.
    Last edited by SecondChance; 22-01-10 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondChance View Post
    Listen what your doing right now is helping your chances with her. Don't put a date or time on this. You need to block her out of your mind and focus on yourself. Stop pestering her, leave her alone. If she's ready to talk to you she'll contact you and thats when you need to ask yourself if you want this or not.
    You know what, you're right. Thanks for everything guys really do appreciate it. I'm sure I will be back in a few days after I break down again hahaha but I do appreciate all your guys feedback.

Just make sure you come back here BEFORE you drunk dial her one night.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast