+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Whats with the lets be friends after we break up?

Whats with the lets be friends after we break up?

Me and the ex have been broken up for about a month and a half, we don't really talk. I tried to get her to let us work things out, and stumble through our mess, but she wont have it. Now she's on this, we aren't friends, why should we talk thing. Then goes on that we should be friends, and that she misses my companionship, and that even though she doesn't want to just go back to dating me, if we were friends and things were to pick up between us then that would be great.. ..

I don't get it... Whats the difference between dating, and being friends and end up dating again?? Or being a mate, and a companion?..

How tiresome. Tell her to forget it. If she's interested in dating you, she can give you a call, but this "friends" thing is going to get you nowhere. I hate it when people jerk each other around like that.

Here's the thing. Friends are people who don't date, don't have sex and aren't interested in one another romantically. She doesn't know what she's talking about.
    Spammer Spanker

dont be friends. it's gonna be bad for everyone.
    only time you should be friends is when you two have kids together,
    so you have to be friends to keep the kids normal. that's my situation.

its a hard thing to decide only thing i can relate it to is an ex of mine who wanted to me to be freinds still and i told her i dident want to be her freind and have to walk with her and not be able to hold her hand or say good bye without saying i love you or being able to kiss her goodbye, it all depends if you can stand to see her without actaully being together if it eats away at you to see her quickly move on and dont be freinds other wise it well just draw out the break up process by a long time

She's leading you on so you will stay interested in the hopes that you will take her back in case things don't work out with the other guy(s).

Forget the past and never a relationship of friendship again

Beware of your enemy once and your friend a thousand times, the friend turned Palmdharp He knows best

The Signs Of A Hypocrite Are Three:

As He Speaks He Lies; On Making A Promise He Breaks It; And When Charged With A Trust He Deceives.

Paper, She feels guilty for the break-up. Maybe she was seeing someone else, before the break-up, who knows? Now she is trying to assuage her guilt, and make herself feel better, by letting you down "easy". She is also keeping you interested , in case it doesn't work out between her and her new man. Man-up and tell her to take a hike.

It comforts her to know you will still be there for her after she dumps you.

D what is best for you in this situation, if you can be friends that is cool. If you can't be friends, that is cool too. If it hurts you to be with her, i would not even try that it. She cant have cake, pie, ice cream and eat it all at once.

Fark the freinds BS....tell her to get over herslf and make up her mind. Live your life..if she wants to be freinds make her do the calling

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Friends are people who don't date, don't have sex and aren't interested in one another romantically.
    ^ This.

I don't talk to my exes; they're exes for a reason. But, I also don't jerk them around like what your ex is trying to do. She just wants her Plan B in place just in case things don't work out.

I never could understand the whole mentality of "we're not dating anymore, but we can still be friends." I see that as one of two things:

1. You either didn't really invest your emotions in this, so still hanging out after sharing bodily fluids is no big deal, or
    2. You're not sure you really wanted to break up. Keeping the option to get back together open.

Good luck.