+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it true that if a guy likes you, he would call you and if he doesn't do that....

Is it true that if a guy likes you, he would call you and if he doesn't do that....

..that means he is not interested in you? Is that how it is with most guys when they like a girl? Well, there is this supervisor I like at work and I think he likes me too but he never say anything nor did I.. So.. And I just got fired from there for low production so I don't think I would be able to see him again. So, I just wonder if he really likes me, would he try to call me and if he doesn't, does it mean that he is not interested in me or could he still be interested in me and not call me or what? Or could there be some misunderstandings that get in the way that cause him to think I am not interested in him and make him not call me or do you think he would still call me if he is interested in me? I haven't been feeling well ever since I first see him at work.. because I think what I did was I like him but I didn't know how to deal with those feelings and was kind of afraid of those feelings too, so I just deny those feelings and now I am in self-denial I think and I don't know how to get out of it ....I can't even feel anything for some of my emotions and I think lost interest in many things that I am interested in... I don't know how to get out of it... Do you know why people deny their feelings for the person they like and is this common or what?? Am I being really foolish to deny my feelings and not face them?? Now, I don't know what's going to happen between me and him...Is this just going to end here if he doesn't call me?? On one hand I was kind of afraid of my feelings for him and don't know how to deal with them. On the other hand, I just feel that it would be sad and a pity to not to be able to have a relationship with him especially if we like each other. He never really talked to me about how he feels nor did I. I just felt that I like him and he likes me. He never asked me for phone number either ... But, I have put down the phone number on the job application when I first applied and I think he would have access to it and do you think he would call me if he is interested in me and if he doesn't call me, that means he is not interested??

I just feel that it's a pity and sad that if we like each other, we can't be together.... and I feel like if I didn't deny my feelings for him, then we would have a relationship .........

Now that I am fired from there for low production, I don't get to see him anymore .... and I just wonder what's going to happen to the relationship...Is it just going to end here? I also wonder how I can deal with my feelings from him. I also want to know that is it true that if he doesn't call me, then he is not interested in me but do you think he would call me if he is interested in me?? I think it would be a while before I can get out of this self denial of feelings... I think that once I get out of it, I would still have the feelings for him and not know what to do with them but what if he has a girlfriend already by that time....and I wouldn't be able to see him either unless I make a special trip there and I think I may not do that either..

So, I just wonder if you think the guy would call me if he is interested in me and if he doesn't call me, that means he is not interested?? What do you think...

And how do I get out of this self denial of my feelings for him and what is that about.. ? Is this pretty common or what?
    Last edited by ibusiness; 30-03-10 at 11:24 AM.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do you have any reason at all the believe he might like you? Guys that like you will call if there's any chance he thinks he might have a chance. So do you have any reason to believe that he thinks he's got a shot with you?

He may be thinking the same thing, why didnt she ask for my number or call me ect

Yeah, you might need to make the next move. Even if he's interested in you, he probably wouldn't call you at this point without a big hint that you're interested, because he would assume that you would be upset with him about losing your job. Even if he wasn't the one who terminated you, the fact that he was a supervisor at the place that fired you would make him expect a harsh rejection from you. So you're going to need to contact him to let him know that you're interested in him.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

If he like you, he will call you.
    If he is REALLY that into you, he will go out of his way to find a way to contact you.

Leave it for now, dont go making the first move, guys, beleive it or not, dont like it.

And stop making excuses as to why he may or may not call or want to call.
    If he wants to, he will.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Whoa, reading that opening post reminded me of the stream of consciousness ramblings in Jame's Joyce's Ulysses.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I thought it was a bit rambling too. Anyway, I'll have to disagree with you, skyhighsoul. If the only time he had her number was on a job application it would make sense that he hasn't called yet. Here in the US he could be sued for calling about something nonprofessional after getting her number from a job application. In addition to that many companies have policies that prohibit supervisors from dating those they oversee. Even without company policies people in supervisory roles have to be extra careful when dating staff. Some supervisors have lost their jobs after a relationship ended because the staff member claimed that the supervisor threated to fire them if they didn't date or have sex. This is why many bosses/supervisors don't date the people under them. I also think that because of her being fired that it makes it less likely for him to initiate contact, especially if he had to take part in the decision (which is likely since he was her supervisor). I personally think that now is the best time for you, ibusiness, to contact him if you think that there is mutual interest. There whole work environment element is gone from the equation, which will make it easier for both of you (once he knows that you're interested).
    Last edited by Incognito; 16-03-10 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Forgot to subscribe to the thread
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Quote Originally Posted by skyhighshoul View Post
    If he is REALLY that into you, he will go out of his way to find a way to contact you.

Leave it for now, dont go making the first move, guys, beleive it or not, dont like it.

If he wants to, he will.
    Ehhm what? Plenty of guys like it when the girl makes the first move, I am one of them. Thats just an excuse made up by women so you never have to take any initiatives or risks.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMulder View Post
    Ehhm what? Plenty of guys like it when the girl makes the first move, I am one of them. Thats just an excuse made up by women so you never have to take any initiatives or risks.
    Foxmulder... go sit down somewhere.

As a woman who has experimented with both methods (making the first moves or waiting for the guy to make a move) it has been my observation that confident guys (guys who have a lot of experience and options) prefer to make the first move and get turned off by a woman who actively pursues them. It's been my experience that only inexperienced, lazy, and/or scared guys prefer for the woman to make the first moves.

Date about 20 men Fox, then come back to me with a working hypothesis.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Whoa, reading that opening post reminded me of the stream of consciousness ramblings in Jame's Joyce's Ulysses.
    Yes yes YES
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by LailaK View Post

As a woman who has experimented with both methods (making the first moves or waiting for the guy to make a move) it has been my observation that confident guys (guys who have a lot of experience and options) prefer to make the first move and get turned off by a woman who actively pursues them. It's been my experience that only inexperienced, lazy, and/or scared guys prefer for the woman to make the first moves.

Are you saying that women shouldn't express interest in guys first, or simply that guys who depend on women making the first move are "lazy, inexperienced, and/or scared"?

Quote Originally Posted by LailaK View Post

Would he not call because he thinks it's not appropriate to have access to employee's records for other that professional work use even though I got fired from there?? And if he was interested in me, why he didn't ask for my phone number while I was still there??

Reread my post, it answers both questions that you just asked. Post #7

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Reread my post, it answers both questions that you just asked. Post #7
    So, if I don't contact him, nothing is going to happen then?? Wouldn't he try to call me if it is something he thinks is worth going for despite the fact that it may not be appropriate to access employees' records for other that work use and if he doesn't call me, that means maybe he doesn't think it is that much to go for and so maybe I should just leave it at that.. ?

Quote Originally Posted by skyhighshoul View Post

If he wants to, he will.
    Lots of guys like the woman to make the first move. I'm one of them. I'm not comfortable with stepping up to a girl and start a conversation. If you really like him, I suggest you find out how he feels about you. I'm sure you can get his phone number or email. Or just go to his office and talk to him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast