Hello!

I've never done this before, but I think I need some unbiased advice here. I am a gay male who has recently fallen for a guy who is very amazing! We met about 3 months ago and we've gotten very close in that time. We have a connection that feels deep and real, but there is a problem that I can't seem to get past. He's 25 and he's in school. He had originally gone to college but wasn't really sure what direction he wanted to take in life. After 3 years of that, he finally had to quit and take time to just "live life" (as he puts it) and discover what he wants to do with his life. He decided to go into marketing and PR, so he started going back to school last Fall. On top of that, to make ends meet and for him to be able to pay for his bills and such, he has to work evenings and weekends at a local restaurant. Ultimately, this takes up a lot of his time. Well my background goes as follows: I am 27 years old, and I graduated from college 5 years ago and immediately started my teaching career. My job pretty much follows a basic 5-day-a-week 1st shift routine, which means that I'm always off during the evenings and on weekends. As my boyfriend and I have grown further into our relationship, things have gotten to the point where school and work consume so much of his time that we never get time to see each other. I am absolutely in favor of him focusing on his education and working towards his goals, but I worry about what this will do to our relationship. Because I don't have to worry about school and homework and all of that sort, I feel that my evenings and weekends are pretty lonely times. I feel like we're starting to lose connection with each other just because we don't see each other too often. The worst part is that he hasn't even been calling me much anymore to at least say hi for a few minutes. I just worry that I am in a different place than he is and I don't know if I can wait the next 3 years for him to finish school and feel that I'm compromising what I want in a relationship for his studies. Am I just being selfish? Should I continue to wait on him to finish school and possibly miss out on a chance to meet other guys who might be in the same situation as I am? I guess I just don't know what I should do. If someone could offer some advice, I'd greatly appreciate it!