+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hate this feeling of paranoia

Hate this feeling of paranoia

Well, for as long as i've known my current girlfriend (been together since september) I've never looked at or even used her phone unless we've rang a taxi and I haven't had minutes (she passes the phone to me, when she has the taxi number ready).

I have always been ok about her going on my phone (only uses the camera or looks through my pictures) as I don't have anything to hide which has been proved a number of times. Once I was walking home from school (6th form) and i got a text asking if i was out on the weekend, from an unknown number. I tried replying but had no response. Later on the next day, we were out with her parents at a bar and i got a text off that number again saying "remember our night we had together"... She went off the walls as I would too. I told her there was nothing to worry about. We left it a month or so and used her phone to text the number and it turned out to be someone my friends know in our 6th form that text me so she realised she could trust me.

Now, I'm having a trust issue here. When we first got involved, two weeks later i stayed at hers and then went to a party in the night, she asked if she could go for a meal with some lad but claimed it was because she wanted to see my reaction to see if i really did like her (she still says to this day she didn't go). Then another time she said someone attempted to kiss her at a bar and she was supposedly that drunk that they managed to just touch her lips. Another time i went to one of my good friend's birthday's and so she went to a party too and we had been arguing and she was supposedly having more attempts towards her and this guy got her lips too. She was crying because she thought we'd broken up and she said he got her lips but she didn't push him away as fast because she had no one to do it for but her pride.

An ex of his has sprung up a bit lately... We went to a bar about a month ago and saw one her ex's. Last week, she went out with her mates and I was supposed to meet up with her but i saw my friend in another bar first... We argued because i saw my friend for half an hour before i met up with her and her mates (not as though i left her on her own). She was annoying me so i went home without her. Then i see on facebook that her and her ex became friends (they supposedly hate each other and are repulsed by one another, so why add each other? Her argument was that he added her (but she needs to accept it, right?) and that if she never he could bitch about her to her mates and turn her mates against her).

The last weekend, she went to her friend's party but I didn't want to go an' cramp her style. This ex was there too. As she was leaving to go home (I was meeting her at her house) this ex followed her out to the taxi an' took her phone so she had to go near him to get it (supposedly). Now, she said he put his hand on her hip and leaned in for a kiss. Why does she get herself into these situations, when I have absolutely no contact with girls that she doesn't know AND that's only in school, when she's there.
    So i got a bit annoyed by this as this has happened a few times now and she said she'd be the same but just to trust her (yet she wanted me to get rid of my ex's off facebook (and i got rid of a sort of friend who was my ex 3 years ago, we used to meet up every once in a while and i saw her twice whilst i was with my current girlfriend, and my current girlfriend was there too)).

She also doesn't let me go near her phone, we went for a walk in the park yesterday and she asked if i could put her phone in my pocket and then turned it off when i said yes. When i'm at her house or when she's here, i see numerous message notifications on her facebook but she always turns away from me with the computer as she says he friends always ask about me an' that she didn't want me feeling shy about it.

I just feel as though there is something iffy going on... Can as many people as there can, help me please?

Thank you

She sounds too immature to be in a serious relationship.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

You two must be only 16 right?

I agree with the above^. She sounds way too immature to be in a serious relationship - but saying that, what else can you expect from someone only 16. I'm even surprised that you want it. You guys should be living it up and enjoying yourself....seeing different people perhaps.

I'm 18, she's coming up to 18... any more thoughts please?

She is young and has not yet figured out how to not put herself in compromising situations. My best guess is that she enjoys the attention and the drama it attracts. This indicates her obvious immaturity. Some people at such a young age can handle the maturity that committed relationships require, but most cannot. You don't trust her, and that's reason enough to end things, in my opinion. There will be plenty of other girls that won't put you through these types of games. Go find one.

Quote Originally Posted by dipuc cupid View Post
    I'm 18, she's coming up to 18... any more thoughts please?
    She is young and isn't ready for anything serious. if she was ready, she wouldn't be lapping up the attentions of other guys, flirting with them, etc, etc. She wouldn't disrespect you or the relationship if she was ready for all that heavy stuff.

You two are looking for different things...you may have matured a tad more quicker than she has.

If you are looking for something more stable and serious, you won't get it with this one.

She's hiding something. Otherwise she wouldn't be so quick to keep you from snooping.

My gf leaves her phone laying around all the time and even told me her computer password so I had access while she was at class or work. Another ex of mine ALWAYS took her phone with her and never had it laying around. I would later find out she was hiding things.
    I don't chase, I replace.