+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she still interested or just being nice?

Is she still interested or just being nice?

So my girlfriend broke up with me 2 weeks ago, and im just curious to everyones opinions as to how she is feeling, ive been in contact since (I know I shouldnt be, but i couldnt really help it... ive cut contact again today) and she has been acting as if absolutely nothing has happened, she will still gladly tell me she loves me, she was upset when i said i needed to cut contact for a while, but my other main worry is she is currently on a date as I type this, the guy is 10 years older than her (shes 22, hes 32) and I'm pretty sure its probably a rebound...

we always had these little things we did because the relationship has often been over a longish distance (though I did see her regularly) things like virtual hugs on webcam (putting your arms in the air so they are out of shot, looks like you are hugging them) and blowing kisses, and other bits and bobs, she still does all of them...

as you can probably tell, I'd like to know what shes thinking, but i think its a little too delicate to just outright ask her "hey, so am i going to have a chance with you again or are you just gonna keep me hanging on to this thread of hope forever?!"

any help would be really appreciated... thanks in advance

I think she wants to keep things kosher with you in case things don't work out with the other guy. She knows you still have feelings for her and may be using that to her advantage. Don't be her fall back crutch. She chose to walk, let her walk.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

thats pretty much the reason i've cut contact for the moment, I dont want to be sitting on the sidelines in her eyes, even if in actuallity I am...

I agree, she broke up with you so cut contact and don't be second best to this other guy.
    I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe