+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need advice. Really confused.

Need advice. Really confused.

Hi, I have an issue that I'm not quite sure how I should be dealing with it.

Almost 10 years ago, I dated a woman that I loved with all my heart. We were together for roughly 4 years and I really thought we'd be together forever.

One day, I got a call from her telling me that she just got back from the doctor and that she had an STD. (Nothing deadly.) She was clearly hurt and couldn't believe that I gave it to her considering I was the only one she ever had sex with.

The only problem is, she was the only one I ever had sex with as well.

No matter how many times I tried to tell her I didn't know what she was talking about and that I would never cheat on her, she just walked away that day. I never heard from her again. Just like that. Wouldn't take my calls, wouldn't even acknowledge messages or emails.

That really shattered me for the good portion of probably about two years before I finally moved on. While I did move on, I never stopped caring for her and I still miss her a lot. But I started thinking about how she must be feeling. Despite the fact that I never did what she thinks I did, she does think I did it to her so she must hate me. Therefore I decided to let her go in order to not hurt her any further.

At any rate, here is my problem. I seem to have stumbled across her profile on a social networking website. And it's strange because I have literally seen or heard NOTHING about her in almost 10 years. It was like she dropped off the face of the planet. And now, suddenly, there she is. Looking almost exactly like she did a decade ago.

I want to message her but, for one, I don't know if I should and for two, I have no idea what I'd say to her. Like I said, she must hate me. I'd hate me too if all that stuff were true. I still have strong feelings for her, I always will.

I'm just not sure what to do. I know what I want to do, but I want to do what's right. Any advice?

Thank you.

while i cant offer any advice an whether you should try getting in contact, really how am i supposed to know

but if you are being honest, the only logical explanation is that she cheated

Exactly.

Unfortunately, it sounds like she's a cheating whòre. This doesn't come as a surprise to me. Most of the women I've hooked up with were already in a relationship of some kind. It makes it so much easier.

Offer to take her on a trip to the Middle East. Once you arrive, use the honor laws to legally murder her, and come back to the US safely.

Well I'm thinking she might have used the STD thing as a reason to exit the relationship. She probably wanted out of the relationship, hence her thinking of any dumb old excuse to get out. How the heck can two virgins get a sexually transmitted disease from one another? Why didn't you offer to drag her to the doctors with you and to prove you didn't have an STD and if you didn't have one?

I think that if someone had accused me of such a thing, they are not a person I'd wish to get in touch with again....even after 10 years had gone by.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yep, she either cheated, or lied to you.

Either way, no reason to contact her again.

It's been 10 years.. let it go. If she hasn't tried contacting you in all that time, it's more than likely because she wants nothing to do with you. So.. again, let it go.