+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Less intelligent girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Me too. Imagine trying to have a deep discussion and all they want to talk about is the Teletubbies, f**k that!!
    Teletubbies? lol. Is there any grown up who talks about that at all? I barely even know anything about the Teletubbies... I'm more into quantum physics arguments haha

Teletubbies freak me out...

It is difficult for me to be objective in this situation as I have always been more attracted to brains than anything else, although a guy who can explain to me string theory AND is nice to look at is the ideal!! : )

As far as your situation is concerned, if it has been only two months and you already have these concerns, my feeling is that this will only get worse as time goes by. And of course the kid situation is a big big issue. It is important to be able to stimulate children in their (spongy) developmental years, and maybe your girl may not be able to do that... And, if your kids take after you and are intelligent, they will lose respect for their mom who cannot follow... which would be pretty sad.

Boy is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Hey,

The ignorance part disturbs me when we're both at our homes, talking online while I'm studying and she's doing her things.
    Like when I ask her how she spent her day, its always the same - Internet, walks, time with friends.

But when we're going out we're having a good time.
    We enjoy the company of each other.

I thought about it.
    As an engineering student who works in this field, I get to think all day.
    isn't it nice to spend the evening not having to think about serious stuff?

Another thing is that I love being alone and I always got things to do,
    And she doesn't cause me a hard time for meeting her just 1-2 times a week, during the weekends.

About having stupid kids,
    not everyone has to be smart in order to be happy.
    Last edited by Boy; 17-07-10 at 08:48 PM.

I've yet to have a intellectually equal girlfriend. Enjoy it. It has its benefits.

Users Country Flag
    Yeah I agree, it does have its benefits.

has anyone here ever been in a relationship with less intellectual woman/man and been happy in this relationship?

It seems that I only hear from you about relationships that were broken because of that intellectual gap.

NBT is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Hey,

The ignorance part disturbs me when we're both at our homes, talking online while I'm studying and she's doing her things.
    Like when I ask her how she spent her day, its always the same - Internet, walks, time with friends.
    What type of answer do you really hope/expect to GET, though?

"Oh, honey! I went bungee jumping today. It was exhilarating! You coming next time?"

lol, I mean...Her day sounds NORMAL. Internet (most ppl) Friends (most ppl) walks (some ppl)

Besides, the "what did you do today?" question can be just as boring as the redundant answer.

As long as you guys have a good time when you're together (outside of just sex, of course) then the other stuff can be ignored, unless she's just SUPER boring in terms of conversation.

You think you're that intelligent? You have not given any concrete examples as to how's she's a lot less intelligent then you. Sure she has the same old routine every day but it doesn't make her stupid. Everyday life is pretty boring.

As to your second question, I am in a relationship where my guy thinks he's way smarter than me and it bugs the living daylight out of me. It isn't even because I can't hold down a debate or anything but I'm stupid cause my gpa at university was lower than his so he deemed me "stupider" than him. The status of our relationship: we're on the brinks of breaking up. So you really should look at her differently and respect her or let her go find a man that will respect her.

Quote Originally Posted by l_girl View Post
    As to your second question, I am in a relationship where my guy thinks he's way smarter than me and it bugs the living daylight out of me. It isn't even because I can't hold down a debate or anything but I'm stupid cause my gpa at university was lower than his so he deemed me "stupider" than him. The status of our relationship: we're on the brinks of breaking up. So you really should look at her differently and respect her or let her go find a man that will respect her.
    Thinking someone smarter/less smart because of their grades IS stupid. I know a lot of people with worse grades than me who are smarter than me and the other way around.

Users Country Flag
    The last comments really cheered me up.

It's not all about intelligence, and who gets the higher scores.

Thanks guys.

I simply avoid conversation with people I know can't keep up with me. Sure, I'll indulge someone for a little while, but if I have to spend too much time simplifying my vocabulary, or keep to certain subjects, I lose interest fast.

I remember when I was a lot younger I would give my number out and some of the guys were involved in trade and other jobs that didn't require formal education. They were nice guys, but we had nothing to talk about. After realizing that I was doing all of the talking and they would reply with simple, one word responses, I would grow bored and move on.

I need to be with a guy that reads, has a vast vocabulary, and a clear way of speaking. I will never be attracted to a man that doesn't have those qualities. Sure, he may be nice to look at, but I could never be with that person.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by hurt_confuzd View Post
    I've yet to have a intellectually equal girlfriend.
    *classic. hahah

Maybe that's because the ones that are intellectually your equal are smart enough to know when to run away?
    Last edited by vashti; 18-07-10 at 04:57 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Too young. It will take him another 5-6 years before the girls catch him up. Meantime, Nick can always be some cougar's pool boy.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

How do you define someone's intelligence? How about someone who may have a highest level of education yet cannot assemble a piece of shelf in a practical sense? Just cos you can hold onto some conversation over various subjects doesn't mean you are any more intelligent than those who don't/can't. Talk away as much as you like but don't look down on people cos they don't 'keep up' with you. It could be that you simply have a different interest/compatibilty level from those you so generously indulged for a little while.

My 'Reply With Quote' didn't work again - annoying!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Too young. It will take him another 5-6 years before the girls catch him up. Meantime, Nick can always be some cougar's pool boy.
    He's too sassy to be a pool boy. And disobedient.
    Last edited by vashti; 18-07-10 at 07:26 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast