+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Less intelligent girlfriend

Boy is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Less intelligent girlfriend

My girlfriend is much less intelligent than me.
    Sometimes I tell her simple things which she doesn't understand.

I'm not sure whether it's something I can live with or not.

Basically, I look at a girlfriend as a woman who I might marry one day.
    So I'm not sure whether I'd be able to live with a person who's much less intelligent than me.

Have you even been in this situation?

Well I dunno. She aint dumb in the money aspect and because she has you spend your money on her and spends none of her own. So her head seems to be screwed on and in that department.

I've been in relationships with less intelligent guys than myself, but never as in 'cabbage thick' where they couldn't understand simple things. I couldn't be with someone like this - it would start to irritate me and if I had to repeat and explain in detail constantly.

My ex was pretty dumb. She would spend money on going tanning and looking good instead of saving money for gas... Pretty Fuc*ing pathetic huh? Yeah, it definitely harmed the relationship... To be honest we usually just had mind-blowing sex and I forgot how dumb she was, typical guy response huh? In the long run though, it won't last. If she really is dumber than a box of rocks, you may wanna find someone who you can have an intelligent conversation with.

Depends. My bf is way smarter at technology than I am but I am more knowledgeable than him in other areas. I feel this isn't an issue and actually makes things interesting. I can learn from him and it makes him feel good and I can teach him things and that makes me feel important.

I could not however, be with someone who was a ditzy flake though. I need a man with common sense. As long as he's bringing something to the table I'm ok if he doesn't know everything that I know.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    My girlfriend is much less intelligent than me.
    Sometimes I tell her simple things which she doesn't understand.

I'm not sure whether it's something I can live with or not.

Basically, I look at a girlfriend as a woman who I might marry one day.
    So I'm not sure whether I'd be able to live with a person who's much less intelligent than me.

Have you even been in this situation?
    Very good question. I went through it for 12 years. My ex-wife was not only unintelligent, but very absent-minded, and unmotivated learner.
    At first I thought I could accept her for who she was, but it eventually got really annoying because we couldn't really relate.
    People with similar intelligence tend to stimulate each other intellectually, and things get interesting and the relationship gets stronger.
    This is a HUGE problem. You will get bored, and take out your frustrations on her. You are gonna start looking elsewhere because
    the connection will fade.

NBT is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I've dealt with girls who didn't seem to have much common sense before.

I never made them my GIRLFRIEND though.

I'd always find myself talking down to them as if they were stupid for not using their brain with something so simple.

Or, complaining about the same issues day after day, even when I've given her the answer to SOLVE those issues.

That's what got me irritated.

They had smarts in other areas that I DIDN'T, though. So, I guess it all evened out. They just irritated me with the lack of common sense thing.

What I wanna know, is why didn't you recognize any of this BEFORE you made her your woman?

Can't just go on a pretty face & good sex forever.

Users Country Flag
    Hey guys.
    Thank you all for your honest comments.

I don't feel like there's something I could learn from her, which bothers me.
    (By the way, there's no sex in our relationship yet, as we're only slightly less than two months together).

The thing is that I was looking for a girlfriend for more than a year, and got to talk to many girls online, but I didnt make a connection with any of them.
    There was always a problem - distance, lack of attraction, a feeling of inferiority on my side, lack of chemistry.

This one has only two disadvantages the way I see it, lack of intelligence and having Neurofibromatosis (besides some coffee-colored marks on her skin, it isn't noticed visually).

About having Neurofibromatosis, what bothers me is the children's issue - will she agree in the future to go through IVF (In vitro fertilisation), but I dont feel that I can talk to her about this at this stage of our relationship.

About lack of intelligence, it indeed bothers me, but there will always be some virtues in the other person which you'll be repelled by, won't it?
    Last edited by Boy; 15-07-10 at 06:22 PM.

Yeh I've been in a situation where I had a gf who was less intelligent than me and I didn't like it. It took her a long time to understand simple things and to join a conversation, she had problems at study and at work and because of that kept changing both of them. It made me wonder what kind of a future we would have, fortunately things didn't work out and I didn't have to find out.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I'd be bored as hell with anyone who can't keep up a conversation with me...

Dating someone less intelligent can be okay, as long as you're having fun, but you wouldn't want to have kids with them. That's a whole different story.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Dating someone less intelligent can be okay, as long as you're having fun, but you wouldn't want to have kids with them. That's a whole different story.
    Why not? What's wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Why not? What's wrong with that?
    They'd be dumb hahaha - just kidding.

You want to give your kids the best chance at survival and success possible. That's just human nature. You don't want them to have lower intelligence because your mate isn't up to par and you don't want to have them in the care of someone dumb when they're little and helpless.
    Spammer Spanker

I suspect that if he had kids with her, he'd be bringing them up, while she lounges around in her nightdress....too idle even to wash up or cook a meal.

Sorry OP, but this very much reminds of some other guy I know, who got involved with a similar female. He's now at her beck and call while she sits on her fat ass all day and night.

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    I'd be bored as hell with anyone who can't keep up a conversation with me...
    Me too. Imagine trying to have a deep discussion and all they want to talk about is the Teletubbies, f**k that!!

If they can't match my intellect...Au Revoir Monsieur!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast