+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is my ex girlfriend rebounding?

bax is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

is my ex girlfriend rebounding?

I'm seperated and going through a long divorce ( nearly a year now )

However, last December, I bumped into an old flame from 9 years ago and we instantly sparked again and we headed straight into "affair" territory. Between Dec and May we swapped 800 texts covering every subject including our feelings, sex and a future life together. We even spent days in bed making out.....it was that intense....Amazing sex life

But two months ago she backed off completely saying this was all wrong because I'm still have a wife. Yes thats true I suppose and accept her stance. We've met for coffee since and she annouces she's seeing someone.
    I was mature enough to wish her good luck etc but I'm concerned it's a rebound thing.

Here's the clues.......v v quick turnaround from me, she known him 10 years but never fancied him ( but she says he's really growing on her ), she made a point of telling me that all her friends like him ( validation? ), I've been in their company and wasn't at all jealous as there's little chemistry between them. We'd planned a weekend away in August but now he's going, not me! Oh, he also lives along the street....and her kids love playing football with him !!

Last time we were together ( 6 weeks ago ) we lay out in her garden under a tree, had a cuddle and she even said that she's not
    expecting a great love life with him addingthat our sex life was once in a lifetime.....How odd....

She texted me that night asking if I phone to speak to her son as he misses me......

Now, am I getting my chain pulled or is this her heading for a rebound? She has history of rebounding, after we split 9 years ago she pitched straight into an abusive r'ship. And was honest enough to admit that she rebounded from me to him. She is adament she wants me in her life as a friend. But I invoked the no contact rule. Had enough, plus I need to sort out my divorce

I didn't hear anything for a month, then I got a text asking if I sorted out my divorce, tells me she misses our friendship and that her kids ask about me. I didn't reply.

Is she being nosy? Is she sounding me out and was I right to not reply?

Your thoughts please, ladies

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why is your divorce taking so long? In most places, the settlement can be worked out separately from the divorce.

I don't think it was wrong of her to move on, and it isn't really any of your business what she does with someone else. He is available, and you aren't.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

It's a tough situation...very hard to read. In my opinion...if you are going through a divorce you are a free man as well. If everything has been done and settled feelings/relationship wise between you two and the only thing left is legal paperwork than I consider the "marriage" over. But others may feel differently.

I would agree on the no contact rule....it's just too hard to be friends after that sort of a relationship...there will probably always be feelings there.

I don't understand why she would be with him though if you two have such great chemistry together. Maybe you could just be honest with her and tell her how you're feeling? That you have feelings for her and would like to see where they go when your divorce is final.

Why are you "concerned" that she may be rebounding? If you two are broken up it's none of your business who she's screwing and how serious that relationship may or may not be.

Unless you plan on getting back with her I don't understand why you're so concerned.