+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: why don't girls do the pursuing?

Plain and simple, they got the pussy, we want it, so we gotta work for it.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous12345 View Post
    Plain and simple, they got the pussy, we want it, so we gotta work for it.
    You know, that can be reversed. They want the penis too.

I answered this post on another thread a while ago. I firmly believe (based on my own experiences) that it takes a lot more effort for men to build an emotional attachment to a woman. If a woman comes on too strong in the beginning, the guy tends to be put off by what an easy target she is (or her aggressiveness). Men like a good challenge, and a woman that respects herself and knows her own worth won't be calling on her man as often as the needy, insecure chick would be.

I do think women should RECIPROCATE though. Like returning calls and texts. Women that maintain radio silence are just shooting themselves in the foot. Yeah, it's nice to be called upon and chased, but guys will only do it for so long if they start to feel their affections aren't being appreciated or returned.

Ever since I can remember I've been the girl taking the first move, in the beginning I scared most of my love interests sh*tless. Then I learnt the balance and I'm sure a lot of girls do this. You make it look as the the man is doing all the pursuing, meanwhile we're making sure we run into them, creating situations to talk to them ect.
    I wish guys would cut the crap of having small egos and just let girls straight out ask... it would cut soo much crap out of the whole situation :p

Quote Originally Posted by Niccitine View Post
    Ever since I can remember I've been the girl taking the first move, in the beginning I scared most of my love interests sh*tless. Then I learnt the balance and I'm sure a lot of girls do this. You make it look as the the man is doing all the pursuing, meanwhile we're making sure we run into them, creating situations to talk to them ect.
    I wish guys would cut the crap of having small egos and just let girls straight out ask... it would cut soo much crap out of the whole situation :p
    I don't think going to such efforts as throwing yourself into his path is the best way to get and keep a guy's affections. THAT sounds like more effort than it is worth. If a guy likes you, he'll pursue you. End of story. Any guy that thinks you're not worth his time, is not worth YOUR time.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    I don't think going to such efforts as throwing yourself into his path is the best way to get and keep a guy's affections. THAT sounds like more effort than it is worth. If a guy likes you, he'll pursue you. End of story. Any guy that thinks you're not worth his time, is not worth YOUR time.
    There's also shy guys..

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    There's also shy guys..
    Shy guys are equally as frustrating as the conceited, overbearing personality guy. They're polar opposites. Shy guys are simply too much work. It takes too much gentle coaxing to get them to come out of their shell enough to actually get anywhere in a relationship. They spend too much time second guessing their behavior that they waste valuable time.

Think of it this way, guys typically don't want to invest time in a woman unless they think she's worth it. Women can feel the same way. This is why casual dating can be very useful. You get practice on how to interact with people you are attracted to. You learn what works and what doesn't, and you learn about what you want in a partner, versus what you don't want. Dating doesn't have to just be about finding that ONE person. People should have fun with it while they can.

Shy guys are equally as frustrating as the conceited, overbearing personality guy. They're polar opposites. Shy guys are simply too much work. It takes too much gentle coaxing to get them to come out of their shell enough to actually get anywhere in a relationship. They spend too much time second guessing their behavior that they waste valuable time.

Think of it this way, guys typically don't want to invest time in a woman unless they think she's worth it. Women can feel the same way. This is why casual dating can be very useful. You get practice on how to interact with people you are attracted to. You learn what works and what doesn't, and you learn about what you want in a partner, versus what you don't want. Dating doesn't have to just be about finding that ONE person. People should have fun with it while they can.
    I guess you do have a point...

I guess you do have a point...
    This is why you need to practice

This is why you need to practice
    I try... I haven't met many interesting females in my lifetime though, so I guess I fit the "they are not worth my time" in most cases.

I try... I haven't met many interesting females in my lifetime though, so I guess I fit the "they are not worth my time" in most cases.
    Robo, please understand that you would be a phenomenal catch for any woman. You have a sweet personality, a wonderful sense of humor, and you are respectful. You just gotta break away that shell a little piece at a time. Most women your age aren't going to be very interesting, sadly. They tend to be too young, too inexperienced, too vapid. You are far ahead of them developmentally. Why do you think all the ladies here love you?

You just gotta break away that shell a little piece at a time. Most women your age aren't going to be very interesting, sadly. They tend to be too young, too inexperienced, too vapid. You are far ahead of them developmentally. Why do you think all the ladies here love you?
    I am currently trying to upgrade robot to robot 2.0, the update started about 3 weeks ago and I think I'm already on v1.1 (at least I have done some things I wouldn't have done 2 months ago).

And I gotta hope there's some girls who are a bit more interesting than the average... it's either that or cougar hunting! Well, I have actually met a threesome of girls my age who are interesting, so at least there's that.

About the ladies here.. I'm not so sure they love me, but if they like me I'm guessing it's because robots are always adorable and they don't have to see my ugly face

I am currently trying to upgrade robot to robot 2.0, the update started about 3 weeks ago and I think I'm already on v1.1 (at least I have done some things I wouldn't have done 2 months ago).

And I gotta hope there's some girls who are a bit more interesting than the average... it's either that or cougar hunting! Well, I have actually met a threesome of girls my age who are interesting, so at least there's that.

About the ladies here.. I'm not so sure they love me, but if they like me I'm guessing it's because robots are always adorable and they don't have to see my ugly face
    Well, I find robots to be very cold and uncaring. So, your specific brand of A.I. is very advanced and promising. And I'm not talking about cougars! But even a woman with just a few years on you may prove to be more worthwhile than some of the fembots you've been socializing with.

Well, I find robots to be very cold and uncaring. So, your specific brand of A.I. is very advanced and promising. And I'm not talking about cougars! But even a woman with just a few years on you may prove to be more worthwhile than some of the fembots you've been socializing with.
    HA! You said fembots! That's +3 points for you!

All the robots I've seen were like little adorable puppies.. so cute...

And I don't think my chances with women a few years older than me are very high, for mainly two reasons. First one being "I don't have a clue where they are" and the second one being "I look like a kid, it's not likely they'd even notice me".

HA! You said fembots! That's +3 points for you!

All the robots I've seen were like little adorable puppies.. so cute...

And I don't think my chances with women a few years older than me are very high, for mainly two reasons. First one being "I don't have a clue where they are" and the second one being "I look like a kid, it's not likely they'd even notice me".
    Maybe you should give yourself a slight tune-up? Couple of squirts of oil in the joints. Maybe run an anti-virus program. Clean out the recycle bin. Back-up your files.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast