+ Follow This Topic

Thread: need to make a move

need to make a move

For the record, I used to be a defeated and unhappy college student. Now, I'm a confident and optimistic college student, currently in my second year.

I will have to admit that although I have no trouble making friends, all my friends are guys. I've never successfully made a move on a girl.

This girl I sit next to in physics is very nice and kind. I would like to get to know her more, but I'm reluctant due to my lack of experience. I want to engage in conversation, and invite her to study with me sometime, but there are several obstacles.1). There's little chance that I'll actually find a seat next to her in every lecture. 2). I want to come in as her friend, not someone who's hitting on her. 3). I'm afraid she'll say "I'd love to, but I'm busy." or "I'd love to, but I usually study with my boyfriend." 4). This kid likes to sit next to me in class. If I sit next to this girl with this kid sitting next to me, it'll be awkward.

I'm not sure if she's single. I've never seen her holding hands with anyone, although she's always texting.
    Last edited by yaganon; 11-09-10 at 12:38 PM.

dude-
    just ask her to do something after class. if she says she is busy, either ask again another time or suggest an alternative date. You're asking her to hang out, not to get married.

at this point jsut play the field a bit, get comfortable and friendly with her. if she has a boyfriend she will make it clear as soon as you indicate any sort of interest. if she does, back off a bit. if she doesn't...... best of luck.

if you're in need of an excuse use something like... 'this is all getting a bit complicated, fancy doing a bit more work after class?' or maybe 'i need a break from this for a bit, fancy joining me for a coffee? i'm buying'. go for it or i guarantee you'll regret it.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.