+ Follow This Topic

Thread: True Love is About Forgiveness or So I Thought :(

True Love is About Forgiveness or So I Thought :(

True love is about forgiveness or so I thought. Yesterday, I was suppose to call my girlfriend back at 3pm but didn't because I was with my dad. I didn't have a cell on me at the time and had to wait until I got back but it was too late. Since yesterday I haven't heard anything back from her. I sent her two emails explaining what had happened but got no replies back. I told her how sorry I was but I guess it wasn't enough. You would think one of the characteristics of true love is "forgiveness" but I guess I'm wrong. It's not like I went out and cheated on her but if this is how it's going to end then I guess it was never meant to be and that her true intentions of love were not to true to begin with. Am I hurt by this you bet. This is why in the past 4 years since my divorce I have put up walls around my heart. I thought we had a chance but I can't love her by myself. It seems that true love is too good to be true these days. I wish I could believe it exists but I'm starting to doubt it. Does it hurt?? Let's just say my heart truly broken right now. This song pretty much sums it up.

Oh please. She be in touch. She's just trying to teach her you a lesson. Its not over

You know..you're right. She did come back I was worried over nothing but can this happen? Well, my philosophy is that anything is possible. It was just a misunderstanding. The main thing was being honest to her about it.

True love is about forgivness just not for some pple

Yes it is...but for "some people" we must learn to let go in order to move on.