+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do guys know when they are rebounding

do guys know when they are rebounding

do guys realize they are rebounding or do they think they actually like the girl and then it hits them that it was just a rebound?

Great question! In my experience (yep, I have rebounded-- BIG TIME!) you think it's real at the time. I would never tell someone I was 'ready to date' if I knew I wasn't. I can only compare it to being under the influence of something. You THINK you're not rebounding. You meet this new person. You think less about your ex, and life seems great. The reality only sets in after the initial bliss (endorphins) wears off. In my case, this was usually by one month into the new relationship.

I have been married twice. After each marriage I'd jump right into dating. The pattern seems to be playing the field for at least a few months. Both times I've looked back (say 6 months down the road) and seen that I had CLEARLY rebounded (and, sadly, hurt people in the process).

Rebounding doesn't feel like rebounding to the person who's in the thick of it. It is only after some time has passed that you can get a clear view. My heart goes out to anyone who gets burned by getting involved with someone (male or female) who is on the rebound.

ok thank you!!
    also, can the dumper be in a rebound relationship ?

I think the definition of a rebound is basically a relationship that starts before you're over the last one. Whether you were dumped, or did the dumping, you could still end up in a 'rebound' if you started something new too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by ginastar View Post
    do guys realize they are rebounding or do they think they actually like the girl and then it hits them that it was just a rebound?

It depends on the guy, but like any other person, we just want to connect with someone. So, it can feel great for a time, but the last woman will still be in his mind constantly. If he has just left something meaningful then chances are that he is just rebounding, and he will not let himself fall into another potentially hurtful situation so soon.

I think it definitely depends on the personality of the guy. More than likely he does know, but may be in denial about it for a while. That's my opinion...

thank you, how long before he comes out of this denial?? like how long do typically rebound relationships last???

that actually depends on how this guys head works... just try looking for some hints.

hmmm what do you mean? im not sure how his head works but hes been with the new girl for a little over 2 months and it seems like its serious like every night. so maybe its not a rebound and its real??

it is still a rebound considering the fact that he had a new girl after a breakup.. so we're only looking at the 2 things - the possibility of it that it'd turn out to be a fling or he's dead serious. yet only time can tell.

hmm how long?? i figured if it was truely a fling it would be dead by now. And being the ex u got shafted for this chick obv i want it to end. i feel like he shouldnt be all happy as i go through a break up . ya know?

yeah, i'm feelin' yah... but you just have to accept the fact that things do change easily. try to look at the possibility that your ex-dude is really into this girl because she had what he really needed/wanted in a girl, whichever you prefer. best for you to look for a more better prospect.. better than your ex i suppose. be happy because you still have a chance to end up with someone better. optimism is the key.

well its hard. i was with him for 6-7 years. so u think hes moving on??

do you think if i get a new boyfriend it may make him want to come back??

from what i'm thinking right now, things seem to be working out all too well for him, so... yeah. now it's time for you to be thinking about what you really wanted. its your happiness that matters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast