+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I love you but I need some time?

I love you but I need some time?

My girlfriend of two years just dumped me and I'm still not entirely sure why. She said that she felt like I didn't love her as much as she loves me. Which is absolutely not true. She basically said that I didn't spend enough time with her, and didn't tell her the things she needed to hear (I made sure to say that I loved her every day).

So... She says she needs some time to think. She assured me that she dosn't want a relationship with anyone else and that "I need time" only means that she needs time.

Just one week ago we were having an awesome couple of nights, holding each other in bed, and she told me that she wants to keep me forever. Now she is SO painfully cold to me and asked me to get all of my stuff out of her house. It's like a switch flipped in her head. This is killing me and she's spending every night out with her girlfriends.

I'm so confused and any advice would help. She still says she loves me which makes it so hard to move on. Thank you.

If you are telling the truth and in that you made every effort to be with her as often as she wanted, you were telling her you loved her every single day, then IMO she's bullshitting and using any excuse to break free.

Could be for any reason. I'd personally say it was one of the following reasons. A new guy is paying her heaps of attention and she's kinda falling for him or she's fallen out of love with you but doesn't want to be cruel and say she has.

When someone genuinely loves you, they don't need tiime out and they don't ask for time out.

You messed up somewhere. I don't know where, but somewhere. Women also want to here more than just "I love you". As bad as it sounds, "I love you" is sort of a cliche. You need to show her you love her if you are interested in a longer relationship. Don't be needy though and chase her. Call her up and tell her you want to hang out or something, then when you guys are together talk to her about it (don't tell her you want to talk on the phone or she will make up some reason to not go). Most of all, show her you care dude, don't just say it.

Why don't you try sending her a massive bouquet of beautiful flowers.

Have you ever given her flowers?

AlphaMan is right. If we feel taken for granted and like our men don't appreciate us, we can feel unloved and it can cause us to distance and question a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    If you are telling the truth and in that you made every effort to be with her as often as she wanted, you were telling her you loved her every single day, then IMO she's bullshitting and using any excuse to break free.

Could be for any reason. I'd personally say it was one of the following reasons. A new guy is paying her heaps of attention and she's kinda falling for him or she's fallen out of love with you but doesn't want to be cruel and say she has.

When someone genuinely loves you, they don't need tiime out and they don't ask for time out.
    This is pretty much what I said in the other thread he has created.

I agree with xxazurexx, but entirly in this situation.

The flowers thing should only happen when you are going steady. If you guys are moving in opposite directions, she may view them as an attempt to "buy" her love. Thats no good and will only make things worse. I think you need to talk to her about it though. Don't ask her "what am I doing wrong?" in such a direct way but try to beat around the bush a little. If you ask it directly, be prepared for awkwardness. From what I can tell though, it sounds like you aren't spending enough time with her or something along those lines. Just curious, did something really awkward happen between you that you haven't cleared up with her?