+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I love you but I need some time?

I love you but I need some time?

My girlfriend of two years just dumped me and I'm still not entirely sure why. She said that she felt like I didn't love her as much as she loves me. Which is absolutely not true. She basically said that I didn't spend enough time with her, and didn't tell her the things she needed to hear (I made sure to say that I loved her every day).

So... She says she needs some time to think. She assured me that she dosn't want a relationship with anyone else and that "I need time" only means that she needs time.

Just one week ago we were having an awesome couple of nights, holding each other in bed, and she told me that she wants to keep me forever. Now she is SO painfully cold to me and asked me to get all of my stuff out of her house. It's like a switch flipped in her head. This is killing me and she's spending every night out with her girlfriends.

I'm so confused and any advice would help. She still says she loves me which makes it so hard to move on. Thank you.

From my personal experience, which isn't all that, but it's something, it sounds like she doesn't want to be with you, but does love you, and doesn't want to hurt you by dumping you.

What I would suggest, is asking to talk to her, and ask her to be brutally honest. Perhaps she see's you as a good partner, but you're just not there at the right time? And that's why she "needs time" - Because maybe in a few years, you two will be right for each other. Sorry, it's wrong of me to project opinions like that on to you, because that completely may not be the case, but yeah, ask her to be honest. And if she says she just needs time, and you truly love her, then give her some time.